• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Jessika

1. J

weird question

Hey guys. Does anyone know here if there's any way to tell the approximate age of a rabbit?
  2. J

Help!

Yeah I called the vet right when I was posting that, the problem is, they're far away, and I can't get a drive right now, but they'd let me pay on friday... a cab won't let me pay on friday... unfortunately. I have baytril here, and she's already been dosed. I will get her to the vet ASAP...
  3. J

Help!

Yeah I'm still here. And her breathing isn't really that laboured, slightly, but no. There's just the crackly, wheezy noise, and I can feel... like air, in her lungs, when I press against her rib cage.
  4. J

Help!

Okay, here's the situation. My rabbit's had several abcess surgeries and I thought was on her way to recovery. I pick her up to give her some baytril tonight, and she's wheezing, it's really hard to describe, but it's like wheezy, crackling noise, and when I press gently on her rib cage it does...
  5. J

Abcessed bunny... pregnant? HELP

Thanks, but she's already in terrible shape. I think that it could kill her to have a litter right now.
  6. J

Abcessed bunny... pregnant? HELP

Alrighty, my bunny Starr is just over one year old. She has three tooth root abcesses and has already had 4 surgeries for them. A few weeks ago, my little sisters let my buck out and I found them in the same cage together... I thought he was only in there for a few seconds, and I wasn't too...
  7. J

Here is my baby chick.

I can't tell from the pic what kind of bird it is. I bet he's cute though :) Mine is a budgie. I have 8 in an aviary. I love them... :D And I've got the parents in a breeding cage and three chicks. I love birds... It's hard having birds and having a bunny with a pasteurella infection, because...
  8. J

Here is my baby chick.

His name is Akoko. He's got 2 brothers and sisters, but they're white and I can't get a good picture of them.
  9. J

Will she remember him

I have to separate Little Sweety from Starr everytime Starr goes in for an operation, and it's usually for a couple of weeks, and usually they recognise each other right away.
  10. J

More surgery.

She's already has surgery, we had to lance it again last week as it was healing over before it drained, so I don't think healing is a problem. I was thinking about getting those beads implanted, but it may have to wait, as I've heard it's expensive and I had to sell my two guitars to pay for...
  11. J

More surgery.

Thanks guy, I was really worried about, she's almost down to below 1 KG, she was a skinny bun to begin with, very petite. Right now she's chowing down on a special mix my breeder reccomended I make for her to help her put on some weight. I was syringe feeding her before her operation because she...
  12. J

More surgery.

Starr had to go in for another operation. She got three teeth pulled and the vet said that the infection was now in her jawbone :( Has anyone ever gone through this?
  13. J

Emergency!

Alright. I've been talking about Starr, she's got three abcesses on her face, they've already been lanced, but the vet that did it didn't send away a culture, I had to go to another vet to find out that it was pasteurella. Anyways I have to go for ANOTHER surgery on monday. My problem is...
  14. J

Cuddly bunnies?

Wow, at least I'm not alone with my cuddly bunny :) When a bunny gets sick is it normal for said bunny to become more attached to you and dependant on you?
  15. J

Two questions

They could be licking you as a sign of affection? Or also, she could be trying to clean you. As for the age when they can get their nails clipped, I'm not too sure. I would assume that it's okay at that age, but you'd better wait until someone a bit more experienced with young rabbits comes...
Back