• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by jenna14

1. J

Having to rehome our babies

We’ve just ordered some Oxbow pellets and we’ll very gradually introduce these and hopefully that might make a difference. We’re gonna ditch the kale and spring greens and just stick to the herbs and reduce their portion down to hopefully encourage hay. We really don’t want to rehome if...
  2. J

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. What pellets would you recommend/are using? We are currently with excel junior pellets and that’s what we’ve always used but I’d be willing to try and introduce some new ones and swap them over. Did you decide to do a hay/pellet only diet on...
  3. J

@scrappys little helper Ohh that’s interesting to know! I know that kale can sometimes be an issue which is why we limit how much we give but I didn’t realise spring greens had the same thing. Maybe we just go back to basics and just stick with the herbs and see if that had any important. It’s...
  4. J

Thank you for your reply. So the rescue that we rehomed her from is also a sanctuary and they keep rabbits there that are unable to be rehomed for example, if they have ongoing health problems, are unable to bonded etc and give them a great life. We’ve made the agreement with the rescue that if...
  5. J

Thank you for your reply. They’ve always got access to fresh hay (we order from HayBox) and have two big boxes in the room as well as large amounts in their litter boxes which they love. We give them a portion of greens a day but split this up over breakfast and dinner. Greens include things...
  6. J

The only reason that I’ve resulted in this is the financial costs. I’d do anything to keep both of them but unfortunately we can’t afford to be spending £500+ on one rabbit every month. I wish I could almost give them to the rescue for a couple months to see if she has another case (it tends to...
  7. J

Thank you so much for your reply. I think what we’re doing is best for them although is breaks my heart. We thought about just taking her back to the rescue and keeping Lunar (he’s my absolute baby and losing him is killing me) but in our eyes, they need each other more than us. this time we...
  8. J

We started our bun family with two Netherland dwarfs (male, Lunar and female, Solar). Unfortunately we lost Solar last year due to dental problems but we found Nova (female) at a rescue and she bonded perfectly with Lunar and we were over the moon that we had two happy little buns...
  9. J

Sudden loss of Lunar's sister

Thank you both for your replies. We have thought about it and agree that getting him a friend would be the best thing for him. He's still eating, drinking and pooping well so hopefully he coping as well as he can x
  10. J

Sudden loss of Lunar's sister

Hi, this is my first time posting on here and I apologise if it isn't the right place but I could really do with some advice and support right now. Sorry in advance for the long post but I feel like I need to explain everything. My partner and I started our bun family last July with two baby...
Back