• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by JayUK

1. J

New small animal magazine

I think it's great that there will be a magazine available through retailers. I have some concerns about the info re: rabbits too. Sad to see that the Lop breeds are promoted as cute and placid, and that their 'special needs' are not highlighted. "Lops are generally considered to be a gentle...
  2. J

Need everyone's help RE: why it's bad to trance your rabbit!

You don't need to be sorry for what you think, it's a free country, and the web and You Tube are great vehicles for people to express what they want to say, and I completely understand that some people refuse to use TI. But if you're going to quote the research to back up your point, then you...
  3. J

Then your intention was absolutely right, but the information didn't concur with that as you say to never ever do it, which is misleading. I understand if you don't want to watch the film, but if you're going to quote the author of the resarch as evidence, then you have the opportunity to hear...
  4. J

Chloe, as you know I think your videos are very good and the educational aspect is brilliant, and I was really happy to feature the collab in Hopping Mad, because I beleieve in what you're doing. But this film is a little misleading, and although you show evidence to support your message, which...
  5. J

Is it bad to lay a rabbit on its back?

It came from research conduted by a team led by Anne McBride. They measured stress hormones in blood when rabbits were placed in Tonic immobility, (TI) which is what trancing is actally called/creating. TI is also holding a rabbit in any way that mimicks it being carried off to be dinner, where...
  6. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 1

It's my pleasure Jane :wave:
  7. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 2

Like I said, I was trying to listen and write, so i didn't get every detail. These notes are not a full synopsis of what was discuseed, just the bits I wrote down. Sorry, but I have no more info on that there.
  8. J

It was done as an Masters degree paper. Like I said at the start, the findings are as yet unpublished, so I haven't gone into great detail about how it was done. Bear that in mind, it wasn't meant to be a conclusive study, as such, just a small study to open the dialogue, and perhaps encourage a...
  9. J

I couldn't answer that categorically. There are so many different presentations for EC and obviously different severities. Although the eyes are seeing right, the ears are obviously not aware of this, so there will be balance issues, it's just how bad they are that needs help, or not. Richard...
  10. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 3

Pleasure, I typed them up for another forum, but don't see why it should stay there, we're all bunny owners trying to do our best :)
  11. J

not at all, although they would be better odering the expert's notes from the conference. It was difficult listening and writiing, so there are things I've omitted because I couldn't get enough detail down.
  12. J

RWAF conference - my notes Part 3

Part 3 Frances Harcourt-Brown BVSc FRCVS NH & FM Harcourt-Brown Veterinary Practice, Harrogate. The anorexic rabbit – Is it surgical? A thoroughly interesting talk about a subject that we all think we know lots about, but there were some startling revelations! The premise of the talk was the...
  13. J

Part 2 Richard Saunders BSc(Hons), BVSC CBiol MiBiol DZooMed (Mammalian) MRCVS Senior Clinical Training Scholar in Rabbit & Zoo Animal Medicine Bristol Zoo Gardens RWA/F Veterinary Resident. Brainstorming E.Cuniculi. Are we tilting at windmills? This was a very interesting talk, and seemed to...
  14. J

Hi, I know some others have put up info about the conf, so just adding to that. I couldn't put the whole doc on in one go (too many words) so this is part 1, will put another part 2 and 3 thread. There were six speakers, I've put them in the order we heard them. Sharon Redrobe BSc(Hons)...
  15. J

Congenital health problems in domestic rabbit breeds

Thank-you, and yes, in terms of hours, it was nearly two full days...
Back