• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by HS

1. HS

My Five Rabbits

Gorgeous bunnies. They are obviously very contented? I love to see bunnies tucking excitedly into hay!
  2. HS

Boarding - what do you pay and what do you expect for that?

The place I go to is amazing. It costs £6 per pair per day and I take their food. The bunnies have a large enclosure, which is very secure and the lady who runs it loves animals. She always texts me to let me know they 've settled in (Pippin is a nervous traveller). Vaccs certificates are...
  3. HS

Pet sitting vs. Rabbit boarding & how far to travel?

Pet sitters can work out very expensive and, like you say, the bunnies are only seen twice a day. I use a boarding place in Lincoln and the bunnies love it there. They've been 4 times this year and they always settle well. The lady who runs it loves animals and her set up is great. I'm more than...
  4. HS

My bunnies

I only have the two bunnies now, Daisy-Boo (a Honeybunny) and Pippin (a BARC bunny). The plan is to rescue some more when we have settled into our new house, as it feels odd only having two! They are both beautiful, full of life and so well behaved, although Daisy-Boo still likes to steal food...
  5. HS

Scrappy's just fallen over while grooming - advice please :(

Daisy-boo often reaches up to far when begging for food, and does a backward roll. Think it's fine, just over enthusiasm!
  6. HS

Long Term Fostering in Leicester

Are they indoor or outdoor bunnies and would you consider a little further afield? Feel free to message me if you need to chat - I've been where you are xx
  7. HS

Apprehension with rescue rabbits?

Just to add to anecdotal evidence, here is my bunny history: Flopsy - pet shop bunny, died at 18 months due to unknown causes Patch - pet shop bunny, died at 6 from an jaw abscess Squidgy - rescued from abandoned in a garden. Arrived with severe maloclusion and I suspect malnutrition. Lived to...
  8. HS

Freaking out! OCD related!

Well done, that's a huge step for you. The bunnies will be fine xx
  9. HS

Pics of bump at 23 weeks

Just beautiful :-)
  10. HS

Would 3 female bunnies be ok?

Hi my first two bunnies were girls and they never did really get on even after being spayed. They never had the bond tjay my male/female pairs have had. Good luck finding Isobel a husbun.
  11. HS

What is that on the floor Mr Bennett ?

Ooooopppppsssssss!!!!
  12. HS

Bonded my boys

that's brilliant! They certainly look happy together. :love::love:
  13. HS

Loss of a partner

So sorry to hear about Sweetie :cry: Bunnies are all different, so it's difficult to say the best thing to do. I had two brothers, and Pepper died last year - Salt, his brother, sat with him for about 12 hours. Then he was fine and running around as normal. Bobby, another of my bridge bunnies...
  14. HS

Sleep tight Salt

Thank you everybody. I'm pleased he's back with Pepper, and they are buried under roses in pots next to each other. Pleased he's at peace but missing him dreadfully.
  15. HS

Sleep tight Salt

I had to say goodbye to my little Salt today, he's gone to join his brother Pepper, at Rainbow Bridge. I saw Salt and Pepper on here on the Rabbits in Need forum back in 2006. They caught my eye straight away and it was love at first sight - I had to have them. Jill kindly agreed to me adopting...
Back