• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by HouseOfRabbit

1. HouseOfRabbit

Hi new to this site wanted to say Hello and ask a question

https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/product/vegetable-and-fruit-gardening-for-rabbits-by-twigs-way/
  2. HouseOfRabbit

Blindness

Don't know whether it will work but I started to use foot stamping with my oldest bun who had similar cataract and hearing issues with 2 foot stamps meaning food/treats, 3 meaning bedtime etc. It didn't seem to frighten him but he was an outdoor bun and I only did it on grass so it might not...
  3. HouseOfRabbit

What herbs/veg good for rabbits/easy to grow?!

Try Perpetual Spinach. I've grown mine in large pots as well as the ground and it's good for humans as well as bunnies. Could also try Sage and Mint as well.
  4. HouseOfRabbit

Breeding two sisters

Please don't breed them. There are too many rabbits out there already needing homes in addition to those bunnies that will be abandoned once they've gone past their cute baby phase and not to mention those rabbits that will just be chucked out in the wild and not able to survive on their own...
  5. HouseOfRabbit

Slowing down greedy guzzlers

Don't know if you're using an underbed storage box as a litter tray but you could try mixing the pellets through the hay in it.
  6. HouseOfRabbit

How can I make an enclosure quieter

Sounds like you might have room for a deep underbed storage box which could be used as a litter tray. If you put the hay in there on top of whatever substrate you use and mix the pellets through it will add enrichment alongside allowing for getting rid of the pellet bowl and possibly keeping the...
  7. HouseOfRabbit

Shrubs that are non toxic?

Don't know if there's some information in the books on the RWAF site that might help. Can recommend those by Twigs Way.
  8. HouseOfRabbit

Using Ramps

Depending on whether you have room a Runaround tube or similar instead of a ramp may work. Takes a bit of diy to get it in place and make it stay but works well.
  9. HouseOfRabbit

Advice for moveable outdoor run?

Aviary panels make for a good run whether put away every day or left out for longer. It's also possible to diy whatever size panels you want to suit your situation. Alternatively you could look at Runaround. Whilst it isn't cheap it does have a lot of flexibility around how you put it together...
  10. HouseOfRabbit

John -Joe-Sore Hock Nightmare

Trying to remember the brand name of the socks that Parsleys Warren used for their sore hock bun. They had to be imported. Would it be worth looking into those at all?
  11. HouseOfRabbit

Getting a friend for my bunny

It would be better to wait until she's been neutered and then go to a rescue so that she can choose an already neutered friend for herself.
  12. HouseOfRabbit

Looking for an outdoor Snugglesafe routine suggestions for winter

Removing the tunnel isn't an option as with her cataracts it's the safest way for her to move between floors due to having the habit of jumping off the ramp and misjudging things. I have however found a spare cardboard box that I could put the downstairs underbed box in which means I can pack...
  13. HouseOfRabbit

The fleece is there as I've tried hay/straw on the floor before and it just turned into a massive litter tray. Might try cardboard under the fleece though seeing as she seems to have ignored the rest of the cardboard insulation so far. I was debating next whether to switch her upstairs underbed...
  14. HouseOfRabbit

That's a good point about releasing all the heat when putting a second pod in. Will scratch that idea then. I do like the idea of velcroing the radiator insulation to the bottom of the litter tray. I might start with cardboard underneath and see how she reacts to that first seeing as I've got...
  15. HouseOfRabbit

Sounds like I need to add a bit more background. I'm in the West of England and Logan is about 8 years old. The hutch set up is a lino floor with fleece as bedding (generally ignored) and an underbed storage box as combined litter tray and hay supply. Have added flattened congregated cardboard...
Back