• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Hermie+Indie

1. Hermie+Indie

Grass and Hay

Rowan used to eat lots of hay in a day, within a couple of hours the hay feeder would be half empty. However, I have noticed that he isn't eating that quantity any more. He is still eating it though. I'm not particularly worried about this yet, as I have put it down to the extra grass intake, he...
  2. Hermie+Indie

Fun thread - Bunny owner confessions

I always lie in the run with Rowan, come rain or shine, much to my parents' dismay :lol: We always nap together on the grass, even if it's soaking wet! I get told off for it a lot :roll: I guess a lot of people would look on at a grown human lying flat out with her bunny and have to do a double...
  3. Hermie+Indie

Heterochromia/Vienna gene?

Wow this is amazing! So interesting to learn about this, and thank you so much for typing all that out! Really helpful for my understanding of it, awesome! xx
  4. Hermie+Indie

Thank you for the tech help! I've got the hang of it now. ^Right eye ^I didn't mention this, but Rowan does have some tiny white hairs dotted on his back, pretty sure this is associated with the gene too ^Left eye ^Looking closely you can see the small white patch ^And here is his cute...
  5. Hermie+Indie

Uh oh, here come he technical problems... I've only had an account here for a couple months and I've never posted a photo! It would be great to know how to do this, I've had many tried-and-failed attempts :lol:
  6. Hermie+Indie

Just got some pictures, I'll post in a sec!
  7. Hermie+Indie

Ooh this is interesting! So does this mean as Rowan only has small patches of white and blue eyes, that he is only a carrier? I did think that the gene was only physically apparent when both parents had the gene. I don't know who his parents are as I rescued him, but I assume that one parent was...
  8. Hermie+Indie

Oh they are so sweet! And it's so intriguing to see all the different variations of this gene. I think I did read somewhere that lionheads are the most common breed to find a vienna marked bun, not sure why though. I'm sure that calls for another hour-long researching session XD Thank you very...
  9. Hermie+Indie

Thank you so much! You all save the day when I couldn't find much information myself. I'll definitely take a look! I will probably try to take some photos tomorrow, hopefully Rowan will stay still for two seconds so I can get a focused picture :lol: I'll keep everyone posted.
  10. Hermie+Indie

Oh thank you! I'll have a look at all of these xx
  11. Hermie+Indie

Oh how lovely! I do love the colouring, it's also so interesting to know how it all revolves around genes. Such small things can make a big difference! It's good to know that there are no health problems associated, though I can just imagine the vet's are pretty confused XD Thanks for the info! xx
  12. Hermie+Indie

Hi all, as I have made a previous post, I'm sure some of you would know that I have welcomed a lovely new addition to my home! However, one of the reasons I was so drawn to him (besides his charming personality) at the rescue was because of his beautiful eyes! They are brown but there is a...
  13. Hermie+Indie

When do I neuter?

Thank you all for the advice! I will definitely be looking into getting the procedure done soon as I check down there. :wave:
  14. Hermie+Indie

When do I neuter?

Hello! I've recently adopted a bunny, he's an absolute sweetie and I love him already! But he is approximately 18 weeks old, and I was just wondering at what age is it ideal to consider neutering him? I will wait at least a month or two to get him settled first but I'm just thinking ahead at...
  15. Hermie+Indie

Help!! My Bun is has blood and clumps in her urine?

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the help. I did go and see a vet as soon as I possibly could, which was the saturday afterwards. I noticed Hermione wasn't herself, she had suddenly became very lethargic and disoriented, very skittish at some times, definitely not my Hermione. The vet said...
Back