• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Furballs

1. F

Will she completely recover

I spoke to the vet yesterday. He advised that it will take quite a while to recover fully (if at all) and therefore I only need to take her back in if she gets worse. She is fine in herself and eating etc etc. She is 4.5 years old now - thankfully I caught it early so she isn't too bad. 😀
  2. F

She doesn't have head tilt. When I took her to the vets they said that it initially affects the inner ear, which is why she was going round in circles! I will perhaps ring the vets tomorrow and she if they want to see her for a check. Thanks :wave:
  3. F

I took my little bun Misty to the vets nearly 4 weeks ago now, and she was diagnosed with E Cuniculi (rabbit parasite). This has probably surfaced as a result of her (and my) beautiful husbun Harvey passing away at the end of September. She has never been ill in her life and since Harvey died...
  4. F

Advice on helping remaining rabbit cope

I am so sorry for your loss too! xxxx I am filled with grief myself over the loss of my little boy, but look at her and realise that actually I have no idea!!! My heart goes out to her! And all I can try and do is give her loads of love.
  5. F

His 5 and a half years just didn't seem long enough! Hopefully he's now found my last bun that passed just before I got him, and they are happily telling stories about me! I always thought they would be good pals! X
  6. F

Thanks to both of you for your advice. I have been sat with her a lot today nattering away. I will bring some extra boxes in for her to play with and create some new dens! Hopefully she will investigate - she would have always sent him in first �� But she's going to have to do it...
  7. F

Advice or tips on syringe feeding as rabbit really really hates it

Are you trying to feed her in her normal environment. I know the feeling as I had the same problem with my bun. You may find it easier to take her into a room she doesn't normally go into. Set up some sort of little table with a towel or something on and sit her on there. Let her back into you...
  8. F

Sadly my georgeous little Harvey passed away yesterday. The vets couldn't seem to get to the bottom of what was wrong with him, and his heart stopped whilst he was with them for more tests yesterday. I am dealing with my own grief, but could do with any tips anyone has for his widowed wifeybun...
  9. F

Really Worried Now

I'm at a loss as what to do next. Picked Harvey (and Misty) up from the vets Friday night. They said he had been eating some hay and had some shringed food and very very confident he would come home and eat. Came away with Gut stimulant and pain killers for the weekend, but they were very...
  10. F

Really Worried Now

Back from vets. Harvey has been shringe fed this afternoon and then apparently started eating some hay! Have come home with some gut stimulant to give 3 times a day and some painkillers to use if required. He's not looking too happy at the moment but that could be because he has blog on with...
  11. F

Really Worried Now

Left Harvey at the vets along with his wifeybun Misty for company. They want to syringe feed him every hour throughout the afternoon. Collecting him at 6.30pm :(
  12. F

Really Worried Now

Taking him back at 1.30pm today. Will post an update.
  13. F

Really Worried Now

They didn't give me any painkillers to bring home. I do think they may help. Am just about to ring the vets again now to see what they say.
  14. F

Really Worried Now

Any advice would be appreciated - don't know what to do for the best! My little Harvey suddenly developed a runny eye and started to go off his food. Took him to the vets on Tuesday, they said he needed a dental, although his teeth weren't overly bad. He went on Wednesday for his dental...
  15. F

Anybody know what this means?

Monday morning my little Harvey was off his food. Very unusual for him as he must be the greediest animal ever! Did'nt even want to know about his cabbage! By Monday evening he was eating again for England! Since then however he is making little grunting noises every time he eats (a bit like...
Back