• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by *fluffybunny*

1. *fluffybunny*

How much Metacam

My rabbit savvy vet prescribes 0.7ml for my 1.9kg bunny after his dentals. Anything less just doesn't cut the mustard!
  2. *fluffybunny*

Alfalfa vs. Timothy hay

Hey, Timothy is in my opinion the best hay for rabbits as its very stalky which is best for teeth and low in calcium. Tests have shown that it is the best for overall health of the rabbit, including tummy and teeth. It can be fed ad lib and my bunnies cannot get enough of it! Alfalfa hay is...
  3. *fluffybunny*

bad reaction to new vaccine

He's a lot better now, thanks hun. It does feel like a step backwards and I just hope they keep the single vaccines :(
  4. *fluffybunny*

lexi had her op today

The poor mite needs pain relief. Rabbits hide pain very well so the fact she's showing signs of it means she's in agony. I agree, ring the vets and ask for some metacam.
  5. *fluffybunny*

bad reaction to new vaccine

My boy sooty had a bad reaction to the combined vaccine recently and had a very nasty lump come up and was very lethargic. He was off his food as well and had to give him fibreplex and metacam. It was a very similar reaction to when he had cylap a few years back. He's ok now and my vet has...
  6. *fluffybunny*

Need advice about getting a friend for my single bunny

Look on rabbit rehome under search rescues hun :)
  7. *fluffybunny*

I wouldn't attempt a bond with an unneutered female as she will get very hormonal when she see's your buck. Hormonal females can be very aggressive, plus its never wise to take the buck to the doe's territory anyway, you usually take the female to the buck as the bucks are less territorial
  8. *fluffybunny*

Is your friends bun vaccinated? Cause if not or your not sure, don't let any rabbits near yours (that's presuming yours is vaccinated).
  9. *fluffybunny*

vets around York

I'll have a nosey on google maps, thank you :) I drive through strensall every morning as I work in Sutton on the forest :D well when I'm at work I'm ill at the moment :(
  10. *fluffybunny*

Pet event at Asda

Hi :wave: will you be going to Asda monks cross as your in York? Just asking to see if you could post on here whether they have any in and if it says when it ends as I'm bed bound at the moment but can ask someone to pop in for me if they have them :)
  11. *fluffybunny*

vets around York

Also avoid mike at battleflats as he tried to scruff my Sophie!
  12. *fluffybunny*

vets around York

Yes the vet nurse at strensell is vile, shes the one I had a bust up on over Sophies £156 dental bill for a tiny lionhead at just 1.4 kilo. I said I refused to pay that and she said they had put their pricing up so it's tough basically. So I said if I font pay don't I get my rabbit back? She...
  13. *fluffybunny*

Would you spay a 5 year old? U/D Spay booked!

I would def get her speyed hun, I got my 6 year old lop done and when they opened her up they found she had already developed a uterine tumor but successfully removed it at time of spey . She went to to live for over a year but died of m unrelated illness. God I miss her, its been 3 years and...
  14. *fluffybunny*

vets around York

Thanks hun, I live about 10-15 mins from Dunnington branch but lookin on their website they aren't very big and don't even do dentals there?
  15. *fluffybunny*

vets around York

Hi :) can you tell which tower vets you use? As there seems to be quite a few and just wondered which one has the bunny savvy vet should I ever consider using them as there's one not far from me and my vet it 40 mins drive
Back