• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

1. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Best Pellets for Rabbits Gut

I have tried for years to get mine on a Hay only diet with no luck. Then when they go into boarding they get fed Pellets despite instructions so its a difficult balancing act. So I now only feed them small pellets with fresh hay daily which they eat. They get fiber sticks That package looks...
  2. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Best Pellets for Rabbits Gut

I am sure this has been posted before but cannot locate the thread. I am due to get more pellets for my buns. They are currently on Excel but wanted to know which brand is best for gut health? thanks
  3. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Anorexic rabbit? Rabbits with mental health?

I do see her however intaking these cecotropes and she hasn't got a poopy but or signs of complete Statis.
  4. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Thanks Jane Sounds a little like Cecal Hypomotility Decline of normal appetite and water intake Picking at food; dropping uneaten food Smaller and fewer fecal pellets She has all these - including a poor coat. I will mention this to my vet for testing for this. However treatment is mainly...
  5. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

She is very stunning. I just wish i could figure out what was wrong with her.
  6. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Ok so i may know why she is managing to keep going while not eating. She seems to be eating the flooring and not her food. What would be the causes for this and I can cross check with my vet? She's had just about every test going and they seem find. But I can get them to double check anything...
  7. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Myrtle is closely bonded with Mylo and she is close to Summer. In fact she has become a lot closer with Summer over recently months. She is the glue within the bond and gets on with both of them. When i started the other posts in the past, that trio was a new one - so it would be a little unfair...
  8. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

She could be eating at night - I do not have a bunny cam however she is surviving statis free somehow. I never see her eat in the day and her pen is right by my work desk. I can get the vet to recheck her but we will be going over old ground.
  9. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Hi Jade There has in the past been some ups and downs, however over recent months she has been the closer one among them both. The bullying is mainly between the other two a (i say bullying i mean the odd chase now and again). Myrtle is the bunny that grooms them both and happy to lay between...
  10. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Hi Omi I have been with my vet for 4 years and he is very knowledgeable with rabbits. However, we are taking Myrtles case knowing Myrtle for how she is. I know 5 isn't 'old' as i have had rabbits live up to 15 years old. However rabbits are classed as a senior at 6. So she is 'getting on a...
  11. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

I have done this and her eating is the same. Granted there would be food left when she wanted to eat, however this is a tiny window in the day and all it does is add stress as she's separated from the others. It also adds stress to my other 2. Not to mention that I don't have the space for her...
  12. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

I have posted on here before about my female rabbit Myrtle and the fact that she is eating like a sparrow. The saga continues - she's still not really eating. But she is more active. All of my rabbits get monthly vet checks, and especially with her as we have to keep an eye on her weight and...
  13. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Rabbit getting left out in a Trio - Food

Oh no i am sorry to hear that about your buns :( I am going to go back and get them rechecked - we are checking them everything month anyway so i will update him on this situation.
  14. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

Update: So I have had Myrtle away from the other 2 all morning. She eaten a bit of hay and some food. I have noticed that she: A: Like to eat in her own time B: Take about 20 minute breaks in-between eating (and by that I mean several mouthfuls). C: Takes her time. The problem I have is...
  15. Finn.The.Mini.Lop.Bun

I would say it would be more nerves then dominance - myrtle has been the most lenient bun in the trio and is the one that tends to keep the peace. Summer is the dominant lady, and the friction was between Mylo and Summer - Myrtle was the easy one. I have allowed myrtle to have some time on her...
Back