• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by FarplaceRescue

1. FarplaceRescue

Gut Stasis after dental

It is hard to say just what his poo was like, as he shared the litter tray with Tuffty, but when I picked him up to take him to vets, he had very small hard poos on his tail, which I presume were his. They also shared a water bottle, and did drink a lot between them usually, but that day...
  2. FarplaceRescue

Gut Stasis after dental

thank you folks x
  3. FarplaceRescue

Gut Stasis after dental

Gizmo was a light brown / caramel coloured boy, aged 3yrs. He had been in rescue for 2 years, and was castrated and fully vaccinated. He was bonded to a sweet little girl about his age. He had always had dental problems, and the vets tended to just clip them, but I felt it was better for him...
  4. FarplaceRescue

Rabbit losing weight

I have a lion-lop doe called Twinkle who is losing weight. She has a constantly wet tail, and odd poos. Not got a pic at the moment, but the poo is large and misformed. Not ceacotrophs. She has seen vet today who has prescribed baytril in case there is an infection, and also given...
  5. FarplaceRescue

2 years Today since I lost Pud

I remember it like yesterday xx Sleep tight, Pud :love:
  6. FarplaceRescue

Which pellets Excel or Ss

Most of mine get Excel, but 2 get SS (One because of sticky bum, and the other because his soon-to-be new owner feeds her other bunnies on SS) I also keep a little of the other 2 types in stock, just in case they are needed.
  7. FarplaceRescue

dental bun and caecotrophs

wont harm to give it a try :wave:
  8. FarplaceRescue

New Bun Not Eating Caecotrophs

google megacolon rabbit images for poo pictures. I am NOT saying your bunny DOES have this, but it is worth checking out just in case.
  9. FarplaceRescue

There was a thread on here some time ago about megacolon bunnies: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?196524-Megacolon-in-Rabbits
  10. FarplaceRescue

dental bun and caecotrophs

So hay only for a week? See if it works? What about the probiotics?
  11. FarplaceRescue

Is it possible that she is a megacolon bunny? They have big mis-shapen poos. She is the right colour to have the En En gene, which is common with megacolon bunnies.
  12. FarplaceRescue

Advice please! Bat in bathroom

how is bat today?? Ooops, I just seen that it vanished. They are LIKE that!
  13. FarplaceRescue

Also... If / when you transfer it to a cardboard box, put a tea towel screwed up in the box for it to climb onto / hide in. While you have it in your gloved hands, open the wings carefully and check for fractures (you can clearly see the bones) or tears in the wing membranes. (small tears...
  14. FarplaceRescue

They are not all in hibernation yet - it is getting cold, and many will be in a state of torpor, but when it is milder, they do wake up and try to feed.
  15. FarplaceRescue

If possible wear gloves when moving it into the box, but most UK bats cant break the skin even if they attempt to bite, as their teeth are tiny-small.
Back