• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Family_Moose

1. Family_Moose

Will they ever be friends again?

Just a quick reply as I'm about to head to bed but just a few days before Christmas 2014 I had to separate my sisters as the bigger of them had her hormones kick in, they were spayed on 30th December and kept apart until we tried to rebond them in the February/Early March, but the "dates" didn't...
  2. Family_Moose

American Timothy Hay

Would be great if I wasn't in the uk!
  3. Family_Moose

Harvey - rest in peace my gorgeous baby xx

What a wonderful tribute to such a special bunny! Harvey will be greatly missed x
  4. Family_Moose

First shift as a vet nurse!

Fabulous!! Rabbit Savvy vet nurses can make such a difference, our first practice for the girls had a very good vet and a fantastic vet savvy nurse, she pretty much made all the rabbit decisions and the vet agreed lol
  5. Family_Moose

We bought another hutch ..

I hate to say it but even if you hadn't missed a day if Buster's hormones are starting to kick in then he's going to start humping her on a regular basis when they are together. I have sisters and in the space of 48 hours they went from showing no signs of either being dominant and wanting to...
  6. Family_Moose

Do I need to get 11 week old sisters spayed??

Definately yes! The risks of cancer etc if they're not spayed are too high in my opinion. We have sisters and when their hormones kicked in Sugar became very much aware that she was the dominant one, so much so we had to seperate them until after they had been spayed! (Around 5 months) They've...
  7. Family_Moose

Harvey having emergency operation! (50/50 chance)

Absoulutely devastated for you all, Harvey was a fighter and there is nothing more that anyone would have done that you didn't try! Sending strength to you and nose rubs for Honey x
  8. Family_Moose

Sending lots of love and hugs your way x
  9. Family_Moose

Continuing to keep you, Honey and importantly Harvey in my thoughts. x
  10. Family_Moose

Odd question ...

Our girls went like this... Toffee 2x up ears 2x upish ears with folded over tips 2x lop Sugar 2x up ears Helicopter Lop Very much like your Rosie! When they had their check up at around 12ish weeks the vet though that Sugar, who was heli-lop at that point would go full lop but a year late...
  11. Family_Moose

American Timothy Hay

Wow!! Placed an order this morning for some hay from TimothyHay (I went for the 2013 as it sounded similar to the bag we've got of American Timothy Hay, all green & stalky), just checked my emails and it's being delivered tomorrow! I'm very impressed, just hope the girls appreciate what I'm...
  12. Family_Moose

American Timothy Hay

I get confused with the whole 2013 or 2014 Hay on Timothyhay.co.uk lol They have Meadow Hay (B&M) in their litter tray and they definately love that, but they do associate that with litter and have taken to up turning their smaller haytrays once they've eaten the nice bits out of it! Mess girls!
  13. Family_Moose

Sending some more vibes for Harvey the hero x
  14. Family_Moose

American Timothy Hay

Have discovered this week that the girls seem to have a taste for the finer things in life, mainly American Timothy Hay! I'm not complaining as they've eaten so much hay that we have very golden poops! I bought a bag (1.2kg) from The Hay Experts which cost me £6.49 and I suspect between the two...
  15. Family_Moose

Rabbits want to stay out in the run - will they not get cold?

My two girls are outdoor rabbits, they're just over a year old and have been outside since they were born! Over the coldest part of the winter they were separated due to age/hormones/spay so Sugar was in the outside hutch and run combo on her own! Her bedroom area was packed full of straw...
Back