• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Emsum8809

1. E

Woody harassing Bella...time of year?

Thank you. Sometimes I have food and other times I don't. I have also seen him doing it while they are out in the run and I wasn't particularly nearby then. I did consider that it may be because I've moved them. Do you think I should just leave them to it then? She seems exhausted :-(
  2. E

Woody harassing Bella...time of year?

Hi, I have 2 rabbits; Woody (neutured dwarf lop buck) and Bella (spayed giant doe). They are both a couple of years old and have been bonded for about 6 months. I kept them as house rabbits initially until a couple of weeks ago when we finished converting a 10ft x 6ft shed for them and moved...
  3. E

Help with bonding

Hmm I would if I knew how!
  4. E

Help with bonding

Update for all I would just like to thank everyone for their help and advice on this post, Woody and Bella are now happily bonded and in bunny love :)
  5. E

Help with bonding

Thank you. Should I continue keeping them separate during the day when I'm at work?
  6. E

Help with bonding

Ok so things are much better than initially and over the weekend Woody and Bella got lovely and close, laying together and Woody grooming Bella....then the humping began! Woody is constantly chasing and mounting Bella to the point where she is exhausted, I'm not really sure what I should do when...
  7. E

Help with bonding

Yes I realise it's early days and I certainly wouldn't leave them alone together yet. But definite progress. After the scuffles I wasn't completely splitting them up more like just separating them from the ball of flying fur! With regards to space Bella is a giant breed so she I'm limited to...
  8. E

Help with bonding

I do believe we have had a slight breakthrough! :D Tonight I took them out in the car, I had Bella in her carrier and woody on the seat next to her, once I'd started the car I opened the carrier and woody went in but instead of going for her he just laid down next to her. They stayed like that...
  9. E

Help with bonding

Thank you for your reply Emma. That was the idea when I tried them in the bathroom as he has hardly been in there but it didn't seem to make a difference. Does the white vinegar not smell if you spray it everywhere? The car idea is good, I also read that taking them out in the car together to...
  10. E

Help with bonding

Thank you for the advice :) It's awkward because my boy pretty much has the run of the house so I don't have a neutral area at home, I will have to pay my mother a few more visits! What/where could I use the white vinegar? Aside from washing the whole house in it! Lol. x
  11. E

Help with bonding

Almost a year ago from what her previous owner told me. Woody bit her when I put them together in the bathroom last night, and drew blood! There was a scuffle and I had the spray bottle but he was too quick and by the time I noticed the blood it was obviously too late. The bite is nothing...
  12. E

Help with bonding

Tonight I tried them in the bathroom where he doesn't go. It ended in a fight :( perhaps not far away enough from his territory?
  13. E

Help with bonding

Hello! I rescued a male dwarf lop a few months ago and had him castrated so that I could find him a lady friend. He is approx 1 and a half, a very friendly boy. I keep him as a house rabbit, he has a dog crate with his litter tray etc in and I leave the gate open to it all the time so he has...
Back