• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by emsie_81

1. emsie_81

NIC set ups

:wave: Hello! The H's have a NIC set up with different levels, you are quite welcome to pop round and have a nosy if you like, send me a text if you want to come have a look :)
  2. emsie_81

Megazorb

Hello :wave: There is a farm feed type shop opposite the tip in Sowerby Bridge that sells megazorb quite cheap, can't rememberexactly how much they said but it was definately cheaper than on Hay Experts, think it was about £6 or £6.50 maybe. They also do binliners of farm hay for £1.50 each...
  3. emsie_81

Bunny Camp Sanctuary Summer Open Day - Sunday 18th July

Hello, please if anyone is in the yorkshire area and wants something to do tomorrow, pop along to the Bunny Camp open day! It's a wonderful rescue that needs the support. There will be a bric-a-brac stall, cakes, crafts, raffle, bunny supplies and best of all you can meet the sponsor buns and...
  4. emsie_81

Holly & Hermes sunbathing today

The H's have been enjoying the sunshine today and been indulging in a spot of sunbathing. They were not overly amused at being disturbed by a silly hooman with a camera though! :roll: Thought i'd share the photos as I have finally got some decent shots of them! Holly the harlequin and her...
  5. emsie_81

Hector - gerbil

Hector our adorable little gerbil died yesterday. We only had him 6weeks but I am really glad we brought him and his friend Horatio home from the rescue where they had been for 18months. Hector was such a funny inquisitive little guy and he could destroy a toilet roll tube in minutes! Even...
  6. emsie_81

how much should a nethie

Thank you! don't let him fool you though, he's a grumpy little bun with a big attitude! Holly his wife is 1.67kg to give you an idea of the size difference.
  7. emsie_81

how much should a nethie

Ahh i would do but my photobucket account is playing up. Hang on i'll send a couple to Jenefina to put up for me! ;)
  8. emsie_81

how much should a nethie

Ahhhhh he's lovely. You're right though his head doesn't seem to be the typical nethie shape. My Hermes weighs ~0.9kg, though he's still a little tubby and should probably be nearer 0.8kg for his size. he is a tiny though, even for a nethie! :D
  9. emsie_81

Wanted: Young Female Giant

Hiya, Bunny Camp have had three potential homes I think for Bella but she wouldn't bond with any of the buns from those homes. She appears to be very much a people bunny rather than a bunny bunny, thats why they are looking for a single home for her. She is beautiful though :love:
  10. emsie_81

Can anyone recommend any good (cheap!) scales?

Hello, can anyone recommend me some decent scales that aren't too expensive? I need to start weighing Holly every week to see if there are any long term patterns to her weight. She's a dental bun and after putting weight on after her last dental a few weeks ago she's lost weight again in between...
  11. emsie_81

Manuka honey info needed!

When holly had her abcess we were told that we should get the honey with the highest UMF rating. Think we ended up with either the 10+ or 15+ from health food shop. I think the higher the UMF the thicker and stickier it is though. We struggled to get it to go through a syringe. Ended up just...
  12. emsie_81

abscess question

Hello, don't really know an awful lot but Holly had a none dental abcess when we got her and after 3-4 months of treatment including an operation her's cleared up. She got the all clear in March last year and has been abcess free ever since :wave:
  13. emsie_81

Readigrass

I asked FHB about readigrass compared to hay in relation to helping keep teeth down as both my buns are dental buns and Hermes is not a big fan of hay but scoffs readigrass like there's no tomorrow! :roll: She said there wasn't really any difference between them and both were as good for the...
  14. emsie_81

Rabbit names

My friend's buns (also a member on here) are actually named Pudding and Pye!!! :D My buns are Hermes and Holly, so one unique, one quite common. Sooz, i was meant to be adopting a gorgeous bun that we were going to rename Juno but Hermes was too scared of her to bond! :roll:
  15. emsie_81

Poll- do I take Strawberry?

Hello, just wanted to say that when Holly had to go to FHB for an operation for her abcess she ended up havign to stay in for almost a week and Hermes stayed with her. They were perfectly happy for him to stay with her. Not sure that helps you decision though, sorry! :wave:
Back