• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by ElsasMummy

1. E

Does sneezing always need a vet visit?

Thank you so much mighty max and jacks jane for your replies. He has only had about 8 days of echinacea so perhaps there’s hope there. I think I may have to bite the bullet though and get him checked over for lung involvement too if that’s a potential problem, thank you. Ah Jack’s Jane that’s...
  2. E

Thank you, if the advice is to take him straight to the vets I’ll do it... I’m just picturing an endless cycle of stress inducing antibiotics never quite curing it... but maybe that’s the worst case scenario. We do have a good vet who was very thorough and knowledgable when he had a bout of...
  3. E

Melbourne has been sneezing v occasionally- I have witnessed max of one bout of sneezing a day, since he had his VHD2 jab about 10 days ago. I once noticed some white mucous, there is nothing inside his paws. He is very happy and eating lots. (He is neutered and bonded and Biscuit is showing no...
  4. E

Bonding- how long in neutral space?

I have been bonding neutered male Melbourne and newly rescued neutered female Biscuit for a few weeks now with a couple of minor set backs. They took to eachother very quickly with Biscuit being the more dominant bun but once back in Melbourne’s old living space (neutralised as far as possible)...
  5. E

Bonding advice- nervous bunny!

I rescued a 2 year old large-ish lop girl Biscuit to bond with my 18 month old small lionhead boy Melbourne yesterday. First meeting went well, a pair of softies, wasn’t quite clear who was the more dominant one. Biscuit was very relaxed, flopping out next to Melbourne and grooming his face...
  6. E

Melbourne in stasis- please help!

Hi Jane thank you so much for your reply. The vet was so thorough but it wasn’t until I left that I thought to ask about fluids. THANKFULLY about an hour ago he produced a big pile of tiny dark poops! I really think it was the running around and tummy rubs that finally got him going! He is...
  7. E

Melbourne in stasis- please help!

Melbourne (1 yr old neutered lionhead living indoors) was suddenly acting off yesterday- posture suggesting tummy pain and refusing food so took him straight to vets where he had: Blood glucose checked- slightly high at 12 but not emergency situation (20?) Injections of metaclopromide and...
  8. E

Help please!! Fighting

Keep us informed about the bonding holiday, I'm not sure if I'll be bonding mine myself or sending the to a boarding place to do it. Neuter is being done as we speak, feel sick with worry!
  9. E

Help please- brothers fighting before neuter

Logistically I can't really keep them out of sight and smell of each other as I live in a flat so for as long as they are quietly interacting through the cage bars and seeming to be happy I'll keep them in sight of each other, won't re introduce until 6 weeks after neuter though. Only question...
  10. E

Thanks Tulsi, that also gives me great hope, looks like a reintroduction in the new year is in order 😊
  11. E

Thanks Roxy, that really gives me hope, how long did you seperate them for before/after the neuter? And did you follow the rules of reintroducing in mutual ground etc after?
  12. E

Thank you for your help. I was led to believe two male litter mates could stay bonded from babies. I'm not sure if I intervened too soon- there was no blood or fur loss (then again that would be too late!) but i think one was biting the other whilst mounting him, hard to be sure. So I've now...
  13. E

Help please!! Fighting

I'm following this thread as it seems you're in a similar situation to me, fingers crossed we can rebound our buns after the neuters
  14. E

Hello, I have 2 12-13 week old lionhead brothers, got them last week. Until yesterday they had a strong bond- grooming and snuggling, 2 happy buns. But hormones seem to have taken hold and suddenly they're hunping all the time (both humping each other alternately) and chasing in circles, there...
  15. E

Rabbit savvy vet near Brentwood Essex

Hello! I have just recently got two 12 week old lionhead brothers and am looking to get them neutered ASAP to prevent any fighting or hormonal behaviour. Am I correct in thinking that around 4 months is a good time? I am based in Brentwood, Essex and am looking for a rabbit savvy vet to entrust...
Back