• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by elaine84

1. elaine84

Lost my boy :,(

Thank you all so much for your replies. It means a lot hearing from others who understand. They take a piece of our hearts with them. I still can’t believe he’s gone, and how much of an empty space he’s left. Thank you also to inspectormorse, that’s lovely to hear how you treasure your...
  2. elaine84

Lost my boy :,(

Here for some comfort from others. My beautiful boy Roger died in my arms on New Year’s Eve. He was a rescue boy who we’d had 6 years, we think he was just 8. My heart feels broken and empty. He leaves behind his two friends. He was such a character and the most binky-mad and zoomy bun I’ve ever...
  3. elaine84

Female bun with suspected bladder sludge

Thanks everyone for your replies and well wishes. My bun was eating and running around today so I got an afternoon appointment rather than an emergency one. They’ve put her on metacam and antibiotics just to be on the safe side while I’m in hospital the next few days (my partner will have to...
  4. elaine84

Thank you I appreciate it. I’ll let you know what the vet says. Does no infection mean it’s just treated with anti inflammatory rather than antibiotics? She seems a lot perkier this morning and has had some bits to eat, now hopping around the lounge
  5. elaine84

Thank you for your reply. What would cystitis without infection be? painful urination? I’m going to try and get her into the vet at 8am tomorrow as soon as they open and before the hospital, I can’t leave the house tonight and there’s no one who can take her to the vet for me :( I feel so bad...
  6. elaine84

I have two boys and a girl all bonded. My female keeps going off her food every couple of months and in December the vet said she had sludge but no visible stones (on an ultrasound). So she had antibiotics, metacam, and she’s been on a low calcium diet and been doing well, but tonight she’s off...
  7. elaine84

Does moulting lower immune system (mites/ lice) ?

Just thought I’d update. Buns all went to the vet and had checkups. All totally fine (touch wood) just moulting, ivermectin has got rid of all the mites. Vet thinks it was probably moulting that caused the stress / mites.
  8. elaine84

Ok thank you :) It's just confusing as it says treat the environment too but surely if they're in the hay they'll reinfect the buns? Will also see what the vet says x
  9. elaine84

Thank you for your replies and the links. Yes they’re booked in at the vets. I’m wondering if I need to throw away all my hay and buy elsewhere, or if the mites will appear from any hay as it’s due to them being run down instead? Seeing as my other two buns aren’t showing any symptoms.
  10. elaine84

I have 4 house rabbits who are all moulting, and 2 of the buns have 'salt and pepper' moving specks on their fur :'( I think they're some kind of mites from the hay (I've been told rabbits don't get lice?) but I don't know why only 2 of them have them. I've read their immune systems could be...
  11. elaine84

Rabbit getting dirty underneath from urine :(

I’ve bought some hibiscrub to bath her now. Does Dillon have arthritis?
  12. elaine84

Thanks they are on bath mats but she goes in the area without a mat and wees there 😖 I’ll look at covering that area too.
  13. elaine84

One of my rabbits has osteoarthritis and is on Metacam for it. She's started to get urine stains underneath, I know you can't bath rabbits but I have washed her underneath and dried her thoroughly before but it keeps happening and I don't want to keep washing her. How else can I keep her clean...
  14. elaine84

Bunny with arthritis - glucosamine, turmeric etc

Thank you for your reply and those links, I found that active ingredients list thanks but it doesn't seem to say the full list eg water, glucose, etc, but I think I'm going to chance it anyway seeing as a few bunny people have mentioned it on this forum (albeit old posts). I've tried crushing...
  15. elaine84

Bunny with arthritis - glucosamine, turmeric etc

One of my buns is only 4 but has been diagnosed with arthritis :( She’s on daily metacam but I’m looking at supplements too, such as glucosamine, and turmeric. She won’t eat the oxbow joint cookies. Please could you tell me if you’ve had any luck with supplements and how you gave them to your...
Back