• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Eeyore

1. Eeyore

How often do you clean your house buns litter tray?

One a day, along with the dog crate that Benjy uses to bed down in and the cat litter trays.
  2. Eeyore

'Things'- U/D on Maya 30th June-Christabel Was Right.....AGAIN !!

Glad to hear she's eating again and she's being looked after by her husbun. Keeping my fingers crossed for her. Am sure that the foods will give her some strength back soon.
  3. Eeyore

Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh...............

I had a rabbit for 3 and a half years who refused to eat hay until this week.... dental probs and his previous owners I think must have not bothered with hay either, but initially we diced lots of hay in to tiny pieces with loads of corriander, then as he got the taste for it, increased the size...
  4. Eeyore

'Things'- U/D on Maya 30th June-Christabel Was Right.....AGAIN !!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Bernie and sending out lots of positive vibes. I know it's a long shot, but I've had a lot of success (catwise anyway) with a few holistic remedies and used some Phytopet remedies in the past. I had a quick look on their site, and this looks like it could be a...
  5. Eeyore

Benjy, a jaw abscess and stasis

Luckily over the last couple of days, Benjy has now become a hay and grass conisseur, so fingers crossed, with the combination of all of them, his remaining teeth will give him no problems and I would say that he's now on to about 70% hay/grass, a few pellets and the rest being green leafy...
  6. Eeyore

Here's a Few I Took Today

41... Wow! Cute piccies!
  7. Eeyore

Thanks! That's a big relief. Has put my mind at rest now. However, I've just gone downstairs and found he's wolfed a load of greens down, binkying 19 to the dozen, and is chasing the cat. Guess someone's feeling a lot better now!
  8. Eeyore

Just an update on Benjy. He seems to be doing well. He's making us play Gordon Ramsay for him and chop corriander in with everything. Have managed to get him to eat a little hay, as long as the corriander is chopped in with that, plus some grass and dandelions and he's munching on his veg...
  9. Eeyore

Thanks for the abscess link, Happy Hopping. Unfortunately my work has blocked the link, but will have a look at it when I get home. Well, he seems to be on the mend, since the tooth incident. Don't know about my bf nearly fainting. I nearly did when I got home and saw the size of it...
  10. Eeyore

Sleep tight my babies - Yoshi & Biski

Sorry to hear of your loss. Binky free together at the bridge little buns.
  11. Eeyore

U/d..... A tooth just popped out his abscess! I've just had a phone call from my boyfriend who said when he was syringe feeding him, something white started protruding from his abscess at the bottom of his jaw. He pulled it slighly and more came forward, nearly the length of a matchstick and...
  12. Eeyore

Thanks for the advice folks. Will try all your ideas. Am getting even more increased about my vet's bunny knowledge as she stated the pain relief would last a couple of days, so am hoping that he won't start going backwards tomorrow. He's had a bright afternoon and even now is going as far as...
  13. Eeyore

Thanks, both of you for your advice. Will definitely try the hay ideas. At the moment, Benjy is looking at me in disgust as his sample pack of 6 different hays arrived today from the Hay Experts and he has turned his nose up and the wheat and oat one, which although is not the greatest health...
  14. Eeyore

Yes. They did say that as he was so poorly, they'd actually managed to get him to stay still enough to get some x-rays done of his skull and didn't mention the infection having spread any further, but I will ask tomorrow and take those documents in, thanks. The picture of the bun in the first...
  15. Eeyore

Thanks for your advice. I know what you mean about getting angry with the vets, as it shouldn't be the client's responsibility to have to tell the vet what to do. Will insist on pain relief for him tomorrow and keep you updated.
Back