• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by DebbieC

1. DebbieC

Megacolon..?

Of course I don't mind. They sent off samples of her poops and pee to check for coccodosis (not sure if that's the correct spelling) and to check for any other issues. She had all her levels checked on her heart, liver lungs etc and X-Rays. Then we was told to try on on a hay only diet then...
  2. DebbieC

Megacolon..?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have a megacolon bunny. I have one too, she was very poorly and had lots of tests and vet visits before being diagnosed. She is on daily medication of cisapride, zantac, emperid and metacam and has been for over a year and a half. For the first year we kept her on a...
  3. DebbieC

Possible EC advice please

William Lewis is no longer at Brentwood, he is at Vets4Pets Maldon. I use Earls Hall vets in Southend who have been brilliant with my megacolon bunny
  4. DebbieC

Does my English Spot have megacolon.

My bunny (english Lop cross) has megacolon. The first symptoms were the egg shaped poos but other than that she was fine. Last year she was constantly getting constipated and not eating. She was in and out the vets all the time until we finally found a vet that diagnosed it. We cut out pellets...
  5. DebbieC

Chemo for Lymphoma/Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome in Rabbits

She doesn't have large oval shape poops does she? Mine has regular stasis/gas but she is a megacolon bun
  6. DebbieC

Bunny nicknames

Olly - Olly Pops, Olly Chops, Mr Chops, Cheeky chops, Chops, Monkey, Monkey Chops, smooshy, mooshey - he hets called everything but his name! Penny is Mrs Chops or little miss!
  7. DebbieC

Dunkin: Lethargy/Breathing troubles *Update: Heart Murmur*

Our bunny had symptoms like this, the was very lethargic and lost weight, her breathing also looked jerky if that makes sense. It turned out to be her liver after having a blood test, so may be worth your vet looking into? Milk thistle tables seemed to help. She also had stomach issues before...
  8. DebbieC

The thing about lop ears...

So cute
  9. DebbieC

Painting & decorating

We decorated our whole house when we moved in with house bunnies, we just moved them to a room away from the paint. So they had the spare room upstairs while we done the downstairs and shut them in the front room or kitchen while we did upstairs as well as putting towels underneath the door to...
  10. DebbieC

Not always eating cecotrophes

Our girl has always been like this, we have to keep her on a stricter diet than our other bun but no idea why she's like it the vet has sent off samples etc but can't find an actual problem
  11. DebbieC

Elphie - weight: UD: Vet says: good health but on the skinny side

Sending vibes. Our rabbit was recently losing rediculous amounts of weight, it's so stressful I feel your pain. Turns out our one had very high liver levels and was put on meds but it took a long while of up and down weight gain and loss even though she was eating x
  12. DebbieC

Nothing cuter than a row of sleepy bunnies!

Oh my god, so cute!!
  13. DebbieC

Question for those with free range indoor buns

Haha yes this sounds very familiar!
  14. DebbieC

Urgent - Rabbit Vets South Essex

I've registered with Earls Hall and I've just tried to make an opointment with Louise and she has left! I have one with Alison now as i couldn't get one with James hope that she's ok!
  15. DebbieC

Texts from your rabbit

Haha love this!
Back