• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Dantooine

1. D

Anyone got a webcam in their hutch?

Shenley - not far!
  2. D

Help with bonding please, it seems to be going on forever!

Okay so it has been about 2 weeks ago and Dotty and Doug have been getting on fine, they now seem a very happy couple! Dotty, the female, seems to be the most dominant one from minor body language. However, we were woken up this morning to the sound of a rattling hutch, which sounds like...
  3. D

Just realised one problem I'll have is mains power - Can't seem to find any rechargeable ones.
  4. D

Thanks, seems it will then!
  5. D

Do you know which model you went for? There seems to be loads! Oh, where in hertfordshire are you?
  6. D

That doesnt seem a bad price - are you able to stream live and view on a computer elsewhere with this one?
  7. D

Yes we do have wireless and hutch is right outside the back door on the patio, so should work. Does anyone got any links to the cameras you use? Having trouble finding suitable ones searching the web.
  8. D

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a webcam in their hutch (outside as opposed to indoors)? If so how did you go about setting it up - wireless or wired webcam? Mains or battery/rechargable? I would like to set this up as cheap as possible so we can view the cam away from the house (ie at...
  9. D

Right, after a week of perfect bonding (and constantly cleaning up poo and wee!) in the kitchen we put them in the their hutch together. Hutch was thoroughly cleaned and vinegared, and so far they seem fine. There were a couple of little chases from Dotty in the first half hour but that was...
  10. D

Thanks for all the advice, will update next week when they go in the hutch together. All is going well in the kitchen at the moment, no fighting whatsoever, just bonding, cuddling and grooming!
  11. D

We do have the cage backing into a corner so a wall and fence do provide some protection. We also have a lot of tarpaulin which we could easily put around 3 sides of the cage. Would that be okay for a week, with the bedroom then closed off? I see what you mean about the cage - we have not yet...
  12. D

Sorry, didnt describe it very well, infact i underestimated the measurements too! (im not at home at the mo to measure) Here is the exact same hutch here...
  13. D

Thanks, sorry if I hadnt made things clear. Okay we will put them straight in the hutch. However the bedroom area is quite small, about 0.5 metres x 0.5 metres. Would that be okay? Im guessing they'd only have to be there for afew days before then opening up the bottom of the hutch?
  14. D

The hutch isn't in the shed as it is too big. Although we do have a smaller standard sized hutch we could put in the shed. Ideally we would like to have them living in the big hutch permanantly, then introduce a run (getting bigger over the weeks), then free run of the whole garden. So...
  15. D

Thanks for the advice, makes sense. In the end we want to have them living in the hutch (which they have both lived in seperatly, but will be cleaned and vinegared). Do you think it would work puttng them straight into there after a week in the kitchen, or should we put them in the shed first...
Back