• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Confused_bun

1. C

Runaround Tunnel Alternative (DIY?)

I did try to get the pipe myself in the past - its a corrugated, perforated, single skin 160mm drainage pipe - but i couldnt get it in less than 50meters long! You can get the double skinned version easier in smaller lengths but i dont think they really bend and they are totally smooth on the...
  2. C

Wood shavings, yes or no?

[/B] This ^. Its the phenols that are the problem. Plus health reasons aside rabbits are really easy to litter train, so why make more work for yourself? In my litter tray i used wood pellet cat litter when they were in the house (better with smells) and paper based cat litter now they are...
  3. C

no expectations

I think everybody originally has this idea in their heads of rabbits being cuddlebuns - goodness knows where that perception came from it seems to be really rare. Sirius who sadly went to the bridge earlier this year was a grumpy so and so, but thats what made him so lovable! So fiesty and...
  4. C

RWAF New Hutch + Run Design

[/B] I hope it is that they are going to endorse a product rather than sell it themselves. If they sell it themselves irrespective of their actual motive, i really do believe it could seriously harm the welfare message if they dont remain an impartial welfare organisation - too many people will...
  5. C

RWAF New Hutch + Run Design

Im confused - is it RWAF thats going to sell that setup or RWAF is just supporting a company making that setup? If RWAF are going to actually sell it themselves, rather than link to companies who sell proper sized setups, then i actually think it could really harm the rabbit welfare message...
  6. C

What to do with my old hutch.........

Im with others i would keep as a run shelter or spare hutch - just in case. I have a 3ft one bought as a run shelter/ just incase hutch, along with some puppy pen pannels in the garage.
  7. C

My Bunny Plans

I'd definately rescue (i've done it both ways - i got a pet shop and a breeder bun first time round (back then i didnt even know rabbits were in rescues :oops: ) and a rescue bun as a new partner when one sadly passed away earlier this year). The baby bit 8-16weeks (so only 8weeks) is a very...
  8. C

Been waiting over a week for a hutch delivery that was meant to be a 48 hour delivery

[/B] I actually disagree with some others. I dont think your being harsh. It is difficult circumstances for the business but they should immediately change the website to reflect that and not sell something under the pretense of delivering within 48hrs when its actually going to be weeks. The...
  9. C

Been waiting over a week for a hutch delivery that was meant to be a 48 hour delivery

You are insured through the credit card company then (so long as it was more than £100). Contact your credit card company for help.
  10. C

Help working out size for new enclosure

I definately agree with this, levels are the best way to increase your space a bit and will add to enrichment/fun for them too. :thumb: just make sure the barrier is really high between them.
  11. C

Help working out size for new enclosure

Its not a one size fits all. The reccomendations are an absolute minimum for small to medium buns. Although larger mediums would need a bit bigger, large buns a fair bit bigger and giants considerably bigger. The hutch size is calculated based on: 3 hops for a small to medium bun (so min of...
  12. C

would hay straight from farmers field be good

Yes. But I would store it for at least 6weeks after it was baled, as that's what's recommended with horses due to an apparently higher risk of colic - so I do same for buns in case it increases risk of statis (no idea if it is a problem for rabbits though). Personally I think good quality baled...
  13. C

Rabbits: the most neglected pet in Britain?

[/B] It doesnt matter that the public can often see them. You'd be amazed how many horses are left for days, weeks, even months between "visits" from the owner and how long a horse has to be completely left for before the public notice - its very common for the pulic to only notice once the...
  14. C

Rabbits: the most neglected pet in Britain?

In terms of accomodation size - yes definately - i mean even the RWAF minimum size hutch only allows for 3hops, its nothing really and then when you think just how many buns are in one of those awful 3ftx18" things (often double storey so the rabbit has almost nowhere to lie out because of the...
  15. C

Which is better? SS or Excel nuggets?

For junior pellets definately SS - the excel junior are pretty poor in fibre. Even for adults SS is a bit better nutrionally than excel. i usually buy about a years supply (dependant on best before date obviously) of SS when its on offer so have never paid more than 1.50/kg. This table is...
Back