• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Comet2020

1. C

Is new rabbit boycotting food from new owners?

Yes, it does look this rabbit had some really bad experience previously, or has some psychological issue !! He is becoming better by the day, allows us to pat him, has even left his area once to look for us when we were in another room and is getting lot more comfortable. Some nose nudges too...
  2. C

Thanks for letting me know. His poop pellet count is no more than 60-70 pellets and just once in the night. he prefers eating in the night and eats just a few stalks of hay during the day....if no one is watching! His social behaviour has improved, he is much more trusting now BUT I still...
  3. C

Thanks for replying. He is eating a bit of hay. I have provided him with his old hay and pellets. First day he ate pellets too but today just a little bit of hay. He did eat a bit more overnight so perhaps he is still feeling lost and does not want to eat during the day. His pushing away food...
  4. C

I picked up a 4 month old new zealand rabbit from a breeder who had fattened up this guy for obvious purpose. Rabbit is 5 kilos and quite plump, built like a hydrant. Quite active and healthy otherwise. We noticed that his belly is very hard. he seemed to be force fed, almost. It has been with...
  5. C

Pneumonia recovery timeline in rabbits

Well, unfortunately the little one succumbed to Pneumonia last night despite our best efforts. Sharing his time line here, hope it will help someone. We got him exactly 2 weeks ago from a place that seemed a bit overcrowded and not taken well care of. He hid his disease very well when we looked...
  6. C

Thank you for replying and the information Liz47. I have read elsewhere that treatment may last a while, however since he was feeling a bit yesterday, I thought he would be even more better today. I did talk to vet and will take him back for pain medication. I was wondering about using a...
  7. C

I have a rabbit that is recovering from near death. Its 4th day today, he is lethargic and sleepy mostly but is eating/pooping fine. He had a pain killer injected that provided him with quite a bit of relief but since yesterday he is a bit uncomfortable, probably due to no more pain killer in...
  8. C

Any off the shelf or home made medicines for Pneumonia stricken rabbit

Thanks everyone who replied. 48 hours after the extremely grim prognosis, I am happy to report that the rabbit seems to be pulling along fine and is looking much better. He has been eating mostly greens, a few pellets but hates the pet store provided hay and just does not eat it. My wife and...
  9. C

Any off the shelf or home made medicines for Pneumonia stricken rabbit

Good Folks, I bought a 10 week old NZ male bunny from a seller who had crammed quite of rabbits in one place, not well insulated from weather. The rabbit was drooling a lot, sneezing right from day one and made very heavy sound while sleeping and often otherwise as well. I was hopeful that he...
Back