• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Clairey-Bun

1. C

One surviving kit

Sorry I should have said, they are indoor buns! Thank you for your advice. We have cut up an old fleece jacket and lined the bottom of the nest with that so it has a warmer base, as well as bulking it out with extra straw/hay. The end of the cage where the nest is we had already covered over...
  2. C

One surviving kit

We have one surviving kit out of a litter of 4 originally born 6 days ago. He/She so far seems to be doing well, we've witnessed him feeding quite a few times now and he's quite active, especially when mum hops in the nest. Now he's on his own though I'm concerned about him keeping warm enough...
  3. C

Newborn concerns!

I'll try the hammock suggestion, though don't hold out much hope as she's a nightmare to handle if it involves lifting her off the floor. When we have succeeded in the past all she wants to do is get away and she hardly keeps still :( I've contacted a friend who I remember kept buns many...
  4. C

Newborn concerns!

Mum's a Rex and dad is a Lop. No Dwarfs (that I know of) in the family. We weighed them both yesterday and again this evening, the little one has lost a bit while fatty has gained! Mum has surprised us though as we thought we would have trouble trying to get the little one to latch on to her...
  5. C

Newborn concerns!

I posted a few days back as our Doe had an unexpected litter 3 days ago. We have 2 surviving kits out of a litter of originally 4, however I am worried about one of them in particular. Of the 2 one is almost double the size of the other and it's the small one I'm concerned about. I'm guessing...
  6. C

Doe's excessive fur pulling

Hiya, Thanks for your response. Our male, George, lives separately already, I'm devastated as we dropped the ball (4 weeks back it seems) during a cleaning out session of both their cages (they are indoor buns). Definitely no chance of her being pregnant again thankfully, and he is off for...
  7. C

Doe's excessive fur pulling

Hello, I'm a fairly new member, just after some advice. Apologies if this has been addressed in another thread, having a nosey around I've not been able to find much so far so thought I'd ask in a thread of my own. My Doe had her first litter yesterday (unexpected, but that's a long story and...
  8. C

Lino floor lining Q!

The silicon sealant sounds like a good idea. Our buns use litter trays (for the most part) but sometimes miss and it goes down the sides! I was worried about any seeping under the lino you see! Didnt like the idea of it festering away underneath :shock: Does this not still happen if you batton...
  9. C

Lino floor lining Q!

Hiya guys, I was wondering if anyone has any hints and tips (or better still piccies) on the best way to lay a lino flooring down in a buns hutch. Wood is such a swine as it absorbs everything, no amount of cleaning will ever get rid of wee marks I know, but my fella suggested lino? Having a...
  10. C

My tribe!

New to the forum, so thought I'd best show off my gang! Charlie (2yrs) Lola (18 months) Madams favourite lounging position, settling in for a good ear washing! The babies Alfie & Clive (6 months) need a more updated piccy as theyre huuuuuuge now! This was when they first came home
  11. C

Newbie hello!

I've had my buns (Charlie & Lola) for 2 yrs now, and Alfie & Clive for 6 months...I don't know why I've only just found this forum now! haha :lol: Thought I'd best stop by and say hello :D Always learning something new and this place is full of info and ideas and most importantly advice!
Back