• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by christina83

1. christina83

My Runty Boy

Hi everyone, on the 5th of November my Runty boy passed away. He was 10 years and 4 months old. He was one of 7 baby boys we kept, along with their mum and dad. Runty’s two brothers passed away in July. Runty had an abscess in his face which was managed well until shorty before he passed away...
  2. christina83

Bunny heart :(

Hi, we have a rabbit savvy vet, we travel longer than we’d like to see them. There’s no petrol in the car to go see them, we live quite rural. I’m sure it’s his stomach, or something, or even a tooth. Thank you for the vibes. My heart is breaking. Xx
  3. christina83

Hi everyone, Sweep isn’t doing good again. He’s mouth breathing. I just don’t know what to do anymore :( the vet changed his tablets to libeo tablets the other day. I’ve no idea what’s going on with him. I’m sure it’s his gut :/ his poops always go really tiny and then he stood eating, starts...
  4. christina83

Hi everyone, another Sweet update :) We took Sweep for his follow up appointment today, he was really nervous in the car and everything. The vet listened to his heart and said it was completely normal. So he’s going to take diuretics for another week now, then he’ll be coming off them and we’ll...
  5. christina83

Thank you for the vibes :) Sweep has been doing pretty well, he’s eating well and he’s a good boy having his meds twice a day :) I’ve tried watching how fast his heart rate is and it’s been looking okay (touch wood). It’s been quite warm the last few days, so him and Patch have just been...
  6. christina83

Thank you 😊He’s been eating well and him and Patch have calmed down now 😂
  7. christina83

Thank you so much Pets mum, me too :)
  8. christina83

He’s on Furosemide, has a tablet once every 12 hours. He seems okay today, I gave him simethicone before bed last night and checked on him a few times, caught him eating every time I checked him :) Hes been running around after patch today, and nosing around the house. He seems quite active...
  9. christina83

I’m not sure if Sweep is starting to get a little GI statis tonight, his tummy felt hard and he started gritting his teeth. He’s been running around all night :/
  10. christina83

Thank you, that’s what I thought at first, but Sweep is the one going after Patch :/ He was doing it the other day too. They’re going to end up giving me a heart attack I think lol.
  11. christina83

Patch and Sweep have suddenly decided to hump and chase each other now. I can’t really separate them as they’ve been bonded since birth. Not sure why they’ve started to do this.
  12. christina83

Hi thank you, I just hoped she was wrong. I wanted it to be some sort of gut statis that made him panic or something, at least it could have been fixed. He’s on furosemide tablets now, one every 12hours. We have to take him back on Tuesday. He seems quieter today, he’s just relaxing, but eating...
  13. christina83

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply. We had to see how he did with the injection this morning, then travel back to the vets to pick up tablets. I didn’t sleep last night and today has just been lots of crying. He’s a bit better tonight :) he’s started eating his pellets, kale and neatly had...
  14. christina83

Hi, I’m writing this heartbroken. My bunny Sweep who is going to be 10 in June has suspected heart failure. For about two months he’s been behaving like he has GI Statis and we’ve done all the usual things to get him back on track, but the one thing that bothered us was his rapid breathing...
  15. christina83

Worried about rabbit sulfatrim dosage

Hi Jack's Jane and MightyMax :) Thank you for your replies. Ah, Jack's Jane that is the medicine and our vet has said 3mls twice a day. I'm now worried that is too high a dose :( He's only 1.5kg. He is eating pretty well today, and I'm pretty sure we are on the right track with him, touch...
Back