• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Casco

1. Casco

Glasgow Vet Recommendation

There is a really bunny savvy vet called Madonna who works in Ark vets in Coatbridge, although that might be a bit far for you. Taylor vets are on the RWAF list - their most bunny savvy vet (Laura) has been on furlough so not sure if she’s back yet. Those are the only ones I know off the top of...
  2. Casco

Glasgow Vet Recommendation

Is there a particular area of Glasgow you are looking for?
  3. Casco

Triple vaccination

My 3 got the new vaccine a few weeks ago - I didn’t pay anything as they have the vac4life plans. No side effects.
  4. Casco

Escaped rabbit - take to vets?

Oh no, sorry to hear that :cry:
  5. Casco

CT scan vs Xrays

One of my rabbits has had a conscious CT scan, it was reassuring to hear that he is a very healthy rabbit as although the scan was to look at his eye they also looked at the whole body to make sure everything else was ok. It was covered by insurance and they paid out with no issues (petplan).
  6. Casco

small pet select in the UK!

I like some of their chew toys but they are also very expensive :? I’m hoping they reduce prices then I might try some of their products :lol:
  7. Casco

Not all hay is equal!

I wish mine did! The farm bale looked ok to me but obviously my fussy bunnies don’t agree.
  8. Casco

Not all hay is equal!

I decided to try the hay again from the supplier I used to go to - £3.95 for 12kg so a fair bit cheaper than the £12 for 9kg from timothyhay.co.uk that I’ve been buying. Can you tell what side of the hay feeder I put the cheaper hay in?! :roll::lol:
  9. Casco

Bunny proofing TV stand?

I have some puppy pen panels around mine - doesn’t actually stop them but it delays them long enough for me to hear that they are trying to get in there :lol: it’s the lightweight panels I have there so they just stick their nose between the bars and lift it up / pull it away!
  10. Casco

How to disinfect non neutral area?

I usually disinfect then use vinegar to neutralise the smells.
  11. Casco

Trio bonding advice - help with pros and cons please.

When I bonded my trio it went much smoother than I expected. They lived side by side for a few weeks until the new bun had recovered from her spay and once I put them together in neutral space it didn’t take long for them to settle. I added a female to an existing male-male pair (littermates)...
  12. Casco

Advice on choosing a vet please

My vets aren’t on the RWAF list but are reasonably bunny savvy. My 3 are also registered with one who are on the list and are about 10 miles / 25-30 min car journey away. They’ve only been there for their RHD2 vacs in the last couple of years but I will now need to use them for regular eye...
  13. Casco

Which pellets?

Have the shelter said they don’t stick to a specific brand? The rescue I foster for always use burgess as standard although if the rabbits have been using a different brand prior to surrender we will feed that to start with then transition them over.
  14. Casco

Which pellets?

Mine were always on burgess excel but recently I felt there was an awful lot of dust in each bag, and the rabbits weren’t eating all their pellets when I gave them then (same small portion as always). Now moved to science selective which have definitely been less dusty. I think some rabbits have...
  15. Casco

Will you ever end the cycle of rabbiting?

My 3 are still relatively young so should be with me for quite a few years yet. I think I’ll need to wait and see what my circumstances are when the time comes. In theory my kids could all have left home and I’ll be living alone so I would need to consider if I could afford them, or if they...
Back