• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by cara

1. C

Poorly eye

Absolutely. Am sure Nichola will read this, but will pass comment on. Thanks 😀
  2. C

Poorly eye

Brief update ... Charlies eye has improved and I can certainly see that from a photo. He must be so so much more comfortable. His eye is open :D though still gunky. Nichola's plan is to see how it goes and def seek a second opinion if it flares up again. I suspect the symptoms have...
  3. C

Poorly eye

I not sure about pain relief. But Charlie is eating normally ��
  4. C

Poorly eye

Thanks Inspector Morse (jacks-Jane as I know you. You were very generous and kind to me - do you recall sending me the puppy pads for Teddy all those years ago!). Good advice, which I am sure Nichola will appreciate. We will keep everyone informed as to where this goes next. Thanks everyone...
  5. C

Poorly eye

I am sure Nichola will have read your comment, although she is unable to reply! Thanks ��
  6. C

Poorly eye

Hi :wave: It’s been a few years since I last posted! Having lost Teddy, my last rabbit and finding it so traumatic - I just don’t think I am tough enough to go through it all again. So this post is on behalf of my friend - the opening poster, Nichola who having joined the forums yesterday...
  7. C

Wild Baby Rabbit/What To Do?

Found out the car has come from Lancaster (farm area) so will be taken back there ��
  8. C

Wild Baby Rabbit/What To Do?

Bizarrely, my husband has found a baby wild rabbit in a car (we are a garage). Not sure where it has hopped on board :lol: but what to do with it? I haven’t yet seen it, but it is seemingly fit and feisty. We are an area populated with rabbits (Ainsdale, although this particular vehicle has...
  9. C

Eye Problem

Thanks Jane, I have sent the links ��
  10. C

Eye Problem

Hi :wave: I am copying and paste on behalf of someone who lives abroad: I have been searching on the web for an explanation, however none of the conditions apply to her fully. She has corneal inflammation with a small white line across of her pupil. This appeared x2 before when she ate a high...
  11. C

Bunny fighting - all quiet for now!

Gosh, bonding can be so so stressful - I know from experience. I don't know if you do, but when intervening in a fight, make sure you are wearing thick gloves - for instance oven gloves. Also, with regard to splitting them up during a fight, in addition to the gloves (have them handy), what...
  12. C

Free range rabbits...? If not - where to buy accommodation?

[/B] Honestly, totally to be expected. Takes time for rabbits to settle in and trust. You need to become familiar and part of their normal routine. Don't force contact, let it happen gradually, sitting by them, offering a treat etc. And bear in mind, most rabbits don't ever get to like...
  13. C

RHD2 in rabbit food, is it possible?

Just my personal opinion as not an expert, but think it highly unlikely it could be in good quality pet food :)
  14. C

e cuniculi advise needed please

Re. Deep cleaning, when I asked my vet at the time (Molly Vaga, rabbits consultant and expert) she was very sceptical about how effective it would actually be, although it made me feel better doing it. She felt it would be neigh on impossible to reach every nook and cranny! I think I would...
  15. C

Free range rabbits...? If not - where to buy accommodation?

Back to your original question .. I have always let my rabbits free-range during the day (with all day access to base of course). Routinely at dusk, which is early in the day in winter and late at night in summer, they would (99 per cent of the time!) happily go back in overnight with the...
Back