• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by caferyn

1. C

Peg bags - Cat or bunny face Update post 93

Thank you very much for my peg bag - received and now in use! It's lovely - good luck with them, I'm sure they'll be very popular!
  2. C

Bunny Photo Comp!

Thanks for posting elsewhere, we are trying to advertise it as best we can!
  3. C

Bunny Photo Comp!

We are running a bunny and guinea pig photo competition to raise money towards a new bunny unit at Hull Animal Welfare Trust at South Cave. Details of the competition can be found on www.hullanimalwelfare.com - or I can email details to you. The closing date is 30th May 2009! Good Luck
  4. C

myxi help update slightly better but please send vibes

I too have a bunny with nodular myxi - it has taken form as a hugh boil on the top of his nose. He is on a course of baytril and I give him metacam for any pain/discomfort he may be feeling. He is much the same, eating and running about - only a little weary when he knows it's medication time...
  5. C

Myxi

Hi Sooz I spoke to my vet last night, Anne Mitchell and I have also spoken to Intervet this morning and the conclusion was the same - if prognosis is good, they would always support treatment of the bunny, a bunny should only be put to sleep if it is full blown and there is no hope. Intervet...
  6. C

Myxi

Thank you for that - that is also the opinion of our rabbit savvy vet - full blown (with/out) vac she would recommend pts as it is unfair to let them suffer. The nodular myxi, which Max and also Nelson is being treated for is responding to the treatment. The other vet suggested that the bunny...
  7. C

Myxi

Can some of you help us clearly understand the problem. I am a fosterer for Hull Animal Welfare Trust, obviously we were effected by the floods this year and the immediate side effect of this is the increase in mosquito population. We are seeing unpresidented rises in Myxi, something that is...
  8. C

Metacam - Peoples Views Please

Thank you so much for your responses. I think the general concensous here is that we all use Metacam as it is an effective form of pain relief. We are aware of the possible side effects, in some buns more than others. I personally haven't experienced such problems, but I am aware they exist...
  9. C

I wasn't a part of the original conversation, just asked to post the question by the small animal co-oridnator of the Trust i foster for. She has rabbits on long term Metacam treatment, for athiritis and is obviously now concerned that she is doing something wrong. I, as I said previously have...
  10. C

We have had conflicting details on the use of Metacam for rabbits from the vets in our local area. I have been using Metacam on my bunnies for the past few years with no apparent side effects, on the recommendation of my vet. I am aware there is a risk of an upset stomach, so always try to...
  11. C

Best pellets for incisorless bunnies?

Hi Nicola Sorry I haven't been in touch, I haven't checked my emails for a while. I hope your bunny is feeling better and has started eating again. I know what a worry it is. One of my foster bunnies has stopped eating due to a mouth abcess so I am feeding him twice a day with a syringe of...
  12. C

two of mine eat normal excel pellets and one eats the junior (she has always been a fussy eater!)
  13. C

I've tried mine on all manner of different things after having teeth burred, grated carrot, apple, some like a little bit of banana, soften pellets, each of them take to different things. Though I did have a problem with Lucy, who also took over two weeks to start eating again properly, this...
  14. C

Cystitis

Thanks very much for that, will give it a go!
  15. C

Cystitis

Can any one recommend a rabbit mix/pellet food that is low in calcium? We have a couple of bunnies with re occuring problems and wondered if a change in food would assist. One bunny has no front teeth so needs to be fed on some form of pelleted/mixed food Thanks
Back