• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by bunnylover177

1. B

Angoran grooming help

Gorgeous bunnies and loads of good advice. All I could add is to be especially aware of the areas which you can't see like between their front and back legs. I adopted my first full angora recently after a life time of several generally long haired rabbits and our Winnie is much harder work! As...
  2. B

Living alone with bunnies/pets

have an 'ice' alert on your phone to tell emergency services who to contact in case you have an accident and can't communicate yourself.
  3. B

Funny headed bunny?

This is just a thought... it might be worth looking at pet insurance. We have a lop rabbit with an unusually shaped head and I did think our Dexter would end up needing tooth trims and sure enough I was right. I never got round to taking out insurance on him and it's too late now as they don't...
  4. B

Agria's age amnesty is back

It's quite a gamble trying to figure out whether or not we would be 'quid's in' if we insure our gang. I was on the phone asking for quotes from Agria this evening. All of our older buns from 5 to 9 yrs old were quoted £12.87 per month with a £75 and 10% excess. With all those things they won't...
  5. B

Opinions on Vets4Pets?

I think if you really like this vet and expect to have quite a lot of contact with them then it is worth complaining. Complaining will likely lead to an apology but if this vet practice is rubbish at admin probably because of some incompetent person or people then that is not likely to change...
  6. B

Droopy ear tips

Whitney looks like she might have a bit of Angora in her at first glance and they have tipped ears I think! I did have a bun with an ear that drooped in the middle suddenly. It turned out to be a serious ear infection and her ear returned to normal once the infection was under control. It was...
  7. B

*Post Deleted*

I agree with all this. I think the important thing as well as dog proof accommodation is to make sure the rabbits can get somewhere completely away from the dogs so they know they are safe. Our 12 rescues are in sheds with attached runs and we introduced a puppy recently and each rabbit is...
  8. B

Belgian hares!

We have Zen a 'black and orange' Belgian Hare with us. We have about sorted out his health problem and are planning on starting to bond him with Daisy our NZ white next week. We must have had 20 or so rabbit companions over the years and I've never met one like this before. What a massive...
  9. B

Heard something interesting about metaclop last night

I had a discussion with my vet about a year ago about cisapride and while he knew about it he said it was harder to get hold off - something about licences? Does this still apply or would a vet buy it through normal suppliers? I know cisapride has been off and on the market.
  10. B

Boarding in Tyne and Wear

Alternatively you could look around your area for someone to come to your house to feed them - some dog walkers or cat feeders will do small pets. Not the best solution but if you get a good reliable person with hopefully some bunny experience then you can train them up!
  11. B

How do you people bond 2 x 1 pair of buns into a group of 4?

Essentially it is not any different from bonding a single pair. I had a pair of females and a pair of males and put all of them in the kitchen with lots of hay trays and food. I did this for 20mins the first day and slowly extended the time of a few weeks. When i was sure they were ready I put...
  12. B

Medication costs - has anyone else heard about this?

Thank you Buzzwizz - that helps confirm what the vet said. I was just rather startled to be paying 5 times as much as usual! We could have waited for the meds as we order them well in advance. We will pay careful attention to prices of medication in future - lesson learnt!
  13. B

Medication costs - has anyone else heard about this?

So my husband came home the other day with Frank's tramadol medication which he takes for severe arthritis. He handed me the receipt for £53. I gulped a bit and said that I thought that tramadol was nowhere near that expensive. There must be some mistake. So I called the vet who explained that...
  14. B

Is readigrass a good thing?

Now the foraging season is coming to an end I was thinking of getting readigrass from the local farm shop and feeding it daily to the buns just to add interest to their diet. However I think I have read somewhere that it is quite high calcium or high calories or something? Does anyone know a bit...
  15. B

Care for rabbit with suspected arthritis

Do encourage your vet to prescribe metacam - it is well tolerated by rabbits and when it removes or reduces pain it makes a great difference to the quality of their lives. Our Frank has severe arthritis in his knees which was diagnosed by x-ray and is on a maximum dose of metacam. When that...
Back