• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by bunnyhuggger

1. B

Prize Every Time - The Sequel - CLOSED - Raffle following receipt of all payments x

Just to say I received our cheque this morning, what a lovely surprise! :D Thank you so much to Kermit and Nic, and to all of those who took part, funds are very much appreciated especially as we are due to have a the buns myxo vac'd on Wednesday, your donations will help to cover the cost...
  2. B

Edinburgh - 'Autumn Bunny Needs' evening

http://www.dickvetexotics.com/ http://www.dev.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/news.html If anyone is interested :wave:
  3. B

Ben Nevis

Good luck Rachel, hope the weather's good on the day. Have fun and do your best, I've had a look at the climb and there's no way I could do it ..... 4409ft :shock: , if you do this I'll be soooo proud of you, even if nobody else is! :lol: We appreciate your efforts so much :love:
  4. B

Confirmed VHD in the Ferryden/Montrose area

Two buns have been found dead in their hutches in the town just up the road from us, post mortem has been carried out and VHD confirmed. They hadn't been vaccinated :(
  5. B

Hutch Sizes (split from focus campaign)

I wouldn't consider rehoming a rabbit to any size of hutch without a permanently attached secure run. I agree about the weather but I still don't think it's fair to have a rabbit or rabbits confined to a 6ft hutch without it/them having the option to leave the hutch if and when they choose when...
  6. B

No Nic, it was done with irony not joviality, like I said before, these hutches have their place in pet care providing they are used appropriately. And Lucy, why shouldn't some people take offence very personally if it is clearly aimed at them? I did what was needed at the time, and did it...
  7. B

*wipes poo from fan* First of all, thank you to everyone who posted sensible and supportive (and sometimes lovely!) comments, and to those of you who have sent me pm’s and emails, much appreciated. However I feel I’m entitled to respond, give my opinions (seeing as everyone else has one)...
  8. B

Newspaper bad for health?

I believe most newspaper printers use soy ink which is made from soya, although the other additives are the same as the petroleum based :) I'd be more worried that too much paper would cause impaction if ingested.
  9. B

Can anybody advise?

Need a rabbit-savvy vet in West Sussex http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showpost.php?p=3128848&postcount=14
  10. B

Paraphimosis- Penis unable to retract

Glad you didn't think I was being flippant :oops: but I think you're right, if it persists, take him back. If you let us know which area you live in we might be able to recommend a rabbit-savvy vet in your area :)
  11. B

Paraphimosis- Penis unable to retract

Probly a bit inappropriate but it's happened to one of our buns before, it was ok after two or three days, however this was the thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=48594&highlight=pencil+broke
  12. B

it could be nothing but i dont know

Is it between his shoulder blades? Does it look like dandruff?
  13. B

If it hadn't been for Focus's 4ft hutches we wouldn't have been able to have so many rescues in, they even gave us a discount for bulk buying. We've had the hutches for over two years/winters and they stood the test of time with us. We upgraded to larger hutches as and when we could afford it...
  14. B

Rearguard 'Flystrike' its that time again!!!

Flies will lay eggs anywhere on a bun, poo is only one of the main attractants for flies. In saying that, even the cleanest bun can get flystrike. Flies seem to be more attracted to damp fur whether it be poo or pee or water initiated.
  15. B

:lol: can't be cos it uses crappy 4ft hutches from Focus!
Back