• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bunny Magics

1. Bunny Magics

Rats and rabbits

A rat / fox proof run seems the best answer, so the bunnies can go out of their hutch when they want. The housing threads are full of brilliant design ideas. They can then have some freedom whilst being safe from pestering rats and also free range when you are with them. xXx
  2. Bunny Magics

Rats and rabbits

Hi yorkshire rabbit.. I had rats in my rabbits shed and run complex two winters ago... the shed and run set up is protected by fox proof wire fencing to prevent anything getting in. But one weekend i re-aligned the run with the shed and forgot about a small gap at the base of the join between...
  3. Bunny Magics

Do you forage poll...?

Yes i do forage..particularly from bunny safe trees above human waist height. I stopped foraging from ground/knee level last year due to the VHD2 trauma, but i have re-visited my old haunts in the last few months to gather a plethora of untouched goodies.. the ground level plants seem to have...
  4. Bunny Magics

Anyone seen this petition to help rescue bunnies?

Signed and shared here X e.t.a... the petition was only started 2 days ago and has almost 1000 signatures XXX
  5. Bunny Magics

Chris Packham delivers withering assessment of Rabbit Hutches.

Yes the tadpole eating part is quite odd..i don't know why they included that quote, it's not relevant to the article...apparantly he tried eating them when he was a child...to 'absorb their spirit' experiment type thing...silly thing to include in an article about Rabbit Welfare :? Especially...
  6. Bunny Magics

Chris Packham delivers withering assessment of Rabbit Hutches.

Well done Chris ! :love: I've been reading his book..he truly does put animals first :)
  7. Bunny Magics

There goes the litter tray again!

Oooo... i love your idea Shayne, these would suit my buns outdoor areas perfectly. They like to sit and see out , when they're 'on the loo' ;)
  8. Bunny Magics

Your rabbits favourite hay brands/varieties

I also buy farm hay, asda hay, Burgess hay... it's taken us ( me and the Buns ) a while to come to a mutual agreement that Hay is best... My Buns, Forest and Fern, pretend they're not so bothered when I deliver it to them. But, tried and tested 'secret spying' on them shows me they are rarely...
  9. Bunny Magics

Litter Training Outside

Hi , mine poo in their run, they ONLY poo in their run, I must be lucky?, I don't know. They choose not to use the litter tray in their shed, unless I have access to the run closed during winter storms, and when I do, I get a lot more poops scattered around inside. I have similar issues as you...
  10. Bunny Magics

The Large Guinea Rescue BABY PICS PT 43!

Oh My !!! I can't say anymore than everyone has already said.... but my Heart goes out to the piggies and Greatest Respect for you Jill !!! Always XXX
  11. Bunny Magics

Twigs & leaves from apple trees - going yellow

Hi , I try to gather the green leaves, and I leave them alone when they've 'gone over'.. as in 'yellowing' , cos the tree would have absorbed all available nutrients from the leaf before it falls.. the yellow, spotted leaves have never hurt my buns when they've been out. But, I don't save...
  12. Bunny Magics

1 Year On...

He's beautiful :love: I remember.. he looks like my 'Poco Gato' .. otherwise known as 'Small Cat' He jumped like a hero too, and very cheeky :love:
  13. Bunny Magics

Drowning in Guineas Rescue Part 3 MORE BABIES pt 30

honeybunny.. You are fabulous !!!!! I'm just so sorry that these situations keep happening.. Bless you and the piggies and to all those that rescue XXXXX I can't even speak about breeders, right now :cry:
  14. Bunny Magics

Licking me?

My Forest Bun licks and grooms me. Sometimes, I think it's to say 'hi' or 'thanks, I love you' , he also does it when I'm cleaning out and re-fitting their nest area.. ( Ooo, I have to be careful there ) He grooms me with a little nip if I'm not doing it quite to his liking... Then when 'Miss...
Back