• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by bunny mad lisa

1. bunny mad lisa

fluid on lungs- any thoughts please?

thanks so much, ill message you x
  2. bunny mad lisa

thanks Mightymax. We have been to the vet and he wants to try bisolvin in the nebuliser but we are trying to find a dose for it. she has had it orally before and it work the first time but not the second so we hope that it will be better in the nebuliser. The vet did also say about Baytril but...
  3. bunny mad lisa

thanks jane, I'm concerned about doing anything that means she has to have anisthetic and presume endoscopic examination would need that. i did wonder about a nasal swab? i'm off to the vet soon so ill see what he thinks x
  4. bunny mad lisa

yes it is as I am at a loss as what we can do next? do we try a different antibiotic? shes had baytril and depocillin or maybe nebulise with just saline solution? i been doing lots of reading and can't really find anything that describes her as she has had no discharge, sneezing or coughing...
  5. bunny mad lisa

thanks jane. she had 3 lots of depocilin. she had a blood test which was fine and no kidney issues. x-ray showed her heart was not enlarged and her lungs looked ok the fluid went from her lungs so so stopped the diretics. she still had the noise so we decided to try nebulising, which i started...
  6. bunny mad lisa

Megacolon..?

we have a fabulous article about Megacolon in issue 27 of Bunny Mad magazine with lots of great advice. Its a back issue so only £2! we ship worldwide too. www.bunnycreations.co.uk
  7. bunny mad lisa

hi there I have a bunny who has been disabled for 2 years now and has recently started making a snorting noise. She was initially given bisolvin and baytril but this didnt improve the noise. The vet then said he could hear fluid on her lungs and we started her on diretics and has had 2...
  8. bunny mad lisa

Those with experience of bunny mammary cancer

i have a rabbit that had a mammary tumour 3 years ago that was sucessfully removed. Sadly she recently got another but i'm please to say this was also removed and they don't think it has spread. She has never been ill with it and lives a normal life. she is now 8 years old x
  9. bunny mad lisa

Anyone used nutracys+ for bladder inflammation?

Thanks really helpful thank you
  10. bunny mad lisa

Anyone used nutracys+ for bladder inflammation?

My rabbit milly has blood in her urine and we sent off a sample to be tested which showed no bacteria so my vet says she has bladder inflammation and wondered about trying a product for cats called nutracys+ but has not used it in rabbits before and I can't find any info on its use? I have...
  11. bunny mad lisa

baytril- can it be given permenantly

Thanks so much for sharing that... really helpful! Glad Mimzy is still doing well x
  12. bunny mad lisa

thank you, its good to know others have done it. Its obviously a last resort but Milly already has so much against her that its her quality of life that matters now rather than quantity.
  13. bunny mad lisa

Thanks Jane. Milly can only lie on her side as she can't walk so I express it to help stop urine scald and to stop her holding on to urine and causing sludge build up. She needs it at least 3 times a day and I try to be as gentle as possible. I've take in a urine sample to be sent off for...
  14. bunny mad lisa

Thanks, going to get a sample sent off today as you suggested! When I express her bladder I can tell when she is getting an infection again as there is a thickening of the bladder which only goes again once she has had antibiotics.
Back