• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Buka

1. B

Caring for a doe after spay

Thank you
  2. B

Can I ask, how long should I wait before I let Flopsy dig in soil? She’s got two plastic boxes connected with a tunnel in which she digs but I’ve covered them now because of her wound. She’s desperate to get in them, she’s trying to find the way in but I don’t want the soil to get in her wound...
  3. B

Thanks all, Flopsy nibbled on some herbs and I syringe fed her again. She seems a bit more comfortable than before. Brave girl :love:
  4. B

Yes, I was given metacam in pre-filled syringes. 0.3ml in each syringe. I’m to give her one in the morning and one at night. She’s 1.6kg
  5. B

Thank you all. She’s not eating or drinking at all so I syringe fed her last night and this morning and I will do again around 11am. She’s moving a little though and she passed a few poops.
  6. B

Thanks very much. I’m glad that’s normal
  7. B

Thanks for your reply. She’s now home. She’s looking really rough :sad: Her eyes are wet, do they put something on her eyes during the surgery? Why do you think they’re wet?
  8. B

Hi all, my little Flopsy is coming home at 5pm after being spayed this morning. I’ve read to keep the rabbit warm post surgery but given the hot temperatures at the moment (26C here), should I cover up with a blanket or is it not needed. It will be 12C at night. Thanks
  9. B

Litter

Hi all, I can’t get wood pellet litter anywhere at the moment. Seemingly caused by the war in Ukraine - at least that’s the info I’ve found online. What alternative litter can I use? Thanks :)
  10. B

Bald patch

Thanks both for your reply. I think the groomer pulled off a chunk of his fur by mistake. Because it wasn’t there before the groom (or I’ve not noticed it). It’s looking nice a pale today (looks less red in reality than on the photo). The fur around the area is not wet and he doesn’t seem...
  11. B

Bald patch

Photo here: https://ibb.co/R2ZcXgw
  12. B

Bald patch

Hi all, Benji’s got a bald patch on his leg :sad: It was noticed by a groomer today. No other symptoms. Should I be worried?
  13. B

How to treat a wound

Hi, I was reading recently about “barbering” which supposedly rabbits do to each other in a bid for dominance. Do you think this might be why she’s pulling his fur from the same spot over and over? Glad to hear he’s doing better and almost healed now :love:
  14. B

Picture of Flopsy

Thanks all :love:
  15. B

Picture of Flopsy

I thought I’d share this picture of Flopsy showing how much she has come since her awful kidney infection :cry: I’m so happy she’s back to her full health :love: https://ibb.co/ct208Yt
Back