• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by bs189

1. bs189

Mesh Doors!

Hi, I really need some help with how to build/fix a mesh door onto my new shed for my rabbit. It would really help if anyone could respond with their advice and even better pictures of how they did it! Thank you!
  2. bs189

Help with shed conversion!

Hi there, I am currently in the process of converting a shed for my rabbit Bertie as he gets older. However there are a couple of things I’m looking for help on! Firstly, I am looking to fit an extra mesh door as seen in most shed/playhouse conversions however I am unsure of how to do this and...
  3. bs189

Sore Hocks & Possible Arthritis

Great, thanks for the suggestions. I think I will do a selection of the floorings suggested so he can have the choice of what is most comfortable. I will also look to ask my vet again for recommendations on the products for sore hocks however he did suggest aloe vera gel if anyone has had...
  4. bs189

Sore Hocks & Possible Arthritis

Hi! I have a couple of questions so please bear with me! Firstly, over the last month or so I have noticed my bun Bertie (8 years old) to be stretching (as if stiff) and not quite as bouncy round his hutch eg, not running up down when I go out to him of a morning, he went for his health check...
  5. bs189

Playhouse Recommendations

Hi there, I am wanting to get a playhouse as my Rabbit’s new hutch but I am struggling to find one that is a good enough size. I know a lot of people have done this so I am looking for some suggestions of where you may of have got yours from, I am also open to a shed as long as it has...
  6. bs189

Hutch Cover Help

Hi, I'm looking for some help in finding a new cover for my rabbit hutch. It is the bluebell pets at home hutch (attached to several other exercise areas as I am aware the pets at home hutches are not sufficient enough). The only thing is the cover they sell wears so quickly and my one has...
  7. bs189

Thick fur causing issues...

I can’t see any symptoms that would indicate fur mites. He also had a vet check before lockdown with no issues so I’m not sure there’s a problem with his grooming.
  8. bs189

This is the way I’ve been doing it also using the metal comb linked below, I have ordered an undercoat comb so hoping this will help too.
  9. bs189

Hi there, Not sure if anyone can help but for a short time now my rabbit seems to have grown a really thick grey undercoat, I of course would usually put this down to moulting and did think this was what it was as he is shedding like he does when he's in moult, however its been a good few...
  10. bs189

Quick Question

We don’t usually have the heating that high but the night time temperatures were the main thing making me hold off, so will wait a bit longer then, thanks guys:)
  11. bs189

Quick Question

Hi, My rabbit comes indoors in the early winter months and goes back out in spring, he is usually back outside by now however with all the change in the weather I haven’t moved him. I was looking to put him back out this weekend but I’m not sure whether it is still too cold- he would have plenty...
  12. bs189

Digging!

A groundsheet sounds like the best option as I do move the run around so couldn't have something permanent. I will get creative once I'm home and create some more enrichment and hang some more toys to keep him entertained! I have just bought a new run extension to attach when I get home which...
  13. bs189

Digging!

Hi, I am currently on holiday and my rabbit is being looked after at my house. He has a hutch with a run attached from the front and I have been told that he is trying to dig out under the run. He has never tried to do this before he's only ever taken bits of grass up but I have been told it is...
  14. bs189

Water bottle frustration

Hi, mine had this exact same issue and I ended up buying a 'sippy' water bottle where all they have to do is touch the nozzle and the water easily comes out, my bunny finds it so much easier now and doesn't get frustrated anymore. You can purchase them in most pet shops/pets at home. Hope this...
  15. bs189

Indoor House

Ok Thanks, I'll take a look.
Back