• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Britannia

1. B

Sonic has let me know that his snow days are over

So glad mine are house rabbits so I don't have to go outside. Bob has decided that the towels I put on the radiator are his - he pulled them down off the radiator and snuggled up on them :lol:
  2. B

Soft beds

Vet bed is good. It wicks any urine away from the top so they don't end up sleeping on a wet surface and you can pop it in the washing machine. For indoor buns it's worth putting some sort of plastic sheeting on the floor first to protect the flooring underneath I found that cutting a square of...
  3. B

Treat dispenser

This is the one I have (designed for dogs rather than rabbits) - my buns love it and I find it's stood up to their rough treatment better the smaller rabbit versions: Good Boy treat Ball
  4. B

Is it just me that.......

I wouldn't admit this to anyone outside this forum :oops: But as it's still dark when I leave for work I use a hue colour changing light bulb to mimic sunrise and as I don't feed them again until until well after dark during winter, I have the lights come on at dusk and then use the colour...
  5. B

Bunny Diet, do I listen to the vet or other bunny parents

Hay, hay and more hay!! However there's hay and then there is HAY!! Nice long strands that is slightly green - should smell fresh and sweet. Avoid very short lengths and avoid anything that smells musty. I also given a handful of green and an egg cup of pellets. Make your buns work for the...
  6. B

Outdoor or Indoor?

I have a bonded pair. Kizzy is definitely an indoor bun, I only have a small outdoor space and i try to take them out there as much as possible (although not in this weather) Kizzy will only stay outside if there is food. Unfortunately I don't have a lawn but I do grow them grass in seed trays -...
  7. B

Fur lines

It looks like he's had a Mohawk - Certainly draws attention to his magnificent ears :love:
  8. B

Where did your rabbit come from?

Kizzy was munching on a dandelion in my front garden - although we do have wild rabbits about half a mile away I'd never seen them in our road and although I knew next to nothing about rabbits as a lop-eared rabbit I was pretty sure she must be an escaped/abandoned pet. I caught her and brought...
  9. B

My Rabbit's New Best Friend is a Robin

If you take a look at bird boxes the holes for the birds to get in and out are often very small. Robins 'fluff up' a fair bit to trap layers of air between their feathers an keep warm making them appear much bigger than they really are. I do hope you manage to get photos - it sounds so cute :love:
  10. B

What on Earth is This Bunny On !!

Are we certain it's sand and not crushed fenugreek crunchies?
  11. B

***Cuteness warning****

Now that's a face that could get away with murder. :love:
  12. B

What else should I be doing?

This is worth a read if you haven't already come across it: http://language.rabbitspeak.com/ It helped me a lot in my first few weeks of becoming a slave to 'she who must be obeyed' AKA her royal rabbitness.
  13. B

Water.

Rainwater sounds lovely, fresh and natural - but I live only a few miles from the the M25, I hate to think what's in the rain that falls around here - certainly it's not uncommon for me to have to wash the car after it's rained because the car gets covered in a nasty film of grime, dirt and...
  14. B

Excessive humping - new issue - page 4

I seem to remember someone posted about using Bach's rescue remedy to calm their buns - might be worth looking into?
  15. B

Rabbits & staying at home

I work full time so I have no choice, but I've used up a lot of my holiday days when I've decided that something didn't seem quite right and I wanted to stay at home to keep an eye on them.
Back