• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by bluelop

1. B

I think she hates me!

I have a bun I got from a breeder that was no longer needed as she was 3. She was really scared and would literally scream if I picked her up. She would try snd attack you when putting her feed in. I stopped trying to pick her up snd used a Carrier to move her from hutch to run. Then used...
  2. B

Giant Rabbits

That is a beautiful photo! I had a French lop and a very small mini lop that loved each other from the first meeting. It really depends on their temperament rather than size I have found . X
  3. B

French lop vs Minni lop?

I have had both breeds and absolutely love French lops. Mine have been very chilled out and just love being stroked and fussed . I have had mine from babies so they have been handled regularly and used to dogs and my young grand daughter. I also own a conti which was a new breed to me and a lot...
  4. B

You know you love your bun when.............

When the other women at work are talking about having their nails done or going on a shopping spree on their day off and I'm looking forward to getting the buns shed cleaned out! Lol
  5. B

Vaccinated rabbits contracting myxomatosis

When I lost my English lop to myxi a while ago the vet said it was just the rabbits immune system that had failed and the vaccine had not worked and said it was not worth reporting. So wonder how many people are told that.
  6. B

poorly bun

Thank you for your kindness. She was the gentlest, kindest rabbit I have owned. She would sit and lick my hands when I stroked her and never tired of attention. In the 3 years, she never once nipped or grunted. She will always be in my heart. The only good thing to come out of it is the vet said...
  7. B

poorly bun

I did not have to make the decision this morning. The phone rang just as I was leaving for work to say she had died in the night. I was just not expecting that as when I phoned last night they said she seemed OK and was being syringe fed and taking it ok. I asked for a post Mortem as I needed...
  8. B

poorly bun

AS she has shaken her head intermittently over the last week would you (perhaps a couple of times a day only} think it worth having a skull x ray done in case it was root problems etc? I know if this lump is there it has to come out but just worried that if its not the cause of not eating will...
  9. B

poorly bun

Thanks Jane for the quick reply. He is supposed to be calling me around 9 for an update so will have another chance to ask more questions. x
  10. B

poorly bun

Any idea of cost of ultrasound? As this vet does not have that facility?
  11. B

poorly bun

Thank you for your replies . I did mention to him on the phone yesterday afternoon about how the metacam made a difference and wondered if there could be tooth issues but he said he checked them. But hAve been thinking in the night whether the two x Ray's he took would of included skull as to...
  12. B

poorly bun

I have a 4year old french lop that has always been fit and healthy. I got her at a year so never knew if she had been speyed. Yesterday afternoon Daisy and her conti partner were in the garden as usual and all seemed well. When I went to put them back in their shed I felt she did not seem quite...
  13. B

Stasis

Are there many French lop or conti's on the forum that have had stasis episodes?
  14. B

Stasis

There seems to be so many buns on here that have episodes of stasis. I was wondering is it more common in small rabbits or are there just as many giant rabbits that have it? I used to have mini lops a few years back and two of them had a bout of stasis each. But since I have kept giant buns none...
  15. B

Poorly bunny

I had a mini lop with ec a few years ago and agree it's very distressing. My bun could not get up at all and I had her in a Moses basket next to me day and night as she kept ending up on her back with the dizziness. Luckily she continued having a good appetite and I was able to keep feeding her...
Back