• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by blue_vix

1. B

Early pasteurella symptoms

I rehomed a P@H bunny a couple of years agp who was advertised as having allergies. I paid for a swab to be done and the culture showed a bacterial infection, probably due to poor housekeeping. With the right antibiotics it cleared up. I would recommend she has this done (it cost me £50) and if...
  2. B

Two rabbits passed away in a month?

It could be a parasite like EC? Did you keep either of the new rabbits in isolation to make sure they were healthy before introducing them to your existing rabbit? I'm wondering if he is carring something that he has an immunity to but the girls don't. it;s hard to say with no symptoms though. A...
  3. B

Sore, bleeding hocks - U/D fuciderm

I usually just put a blob of sudacream on. Even though she's not a rex she is white with pink skin which could make it more prone to getting sore. When I first got buffy she had quite bad heels despite being deep bedded on shavings and hay by her previous owner. Mine are on concrete now with...
  4. B

Thinking of buying this run- what do you think?

I have that exact one I bought a few weeks ago as my landlords would only agree to something that could be folded and put away after use. My smallest bunny is 1.2kg and he definitely could not get his head stuck in it. It comes with tent pegs for when its on grass and it would extremely...
  5. B

Suddenly really aggressive female rabbit

You don't have to split them up to rebond. I periodically keep mine in a small area for a few days, neutralise and gradually increase area again when the little squabbles seems to be getting a bit heated. They certainly seem worse in larger areas. Maybe you could use it as an opportunity to do...
  6. B

Suddenly really aggressive female rabbit

Because of the weird weather this spring mine are still the having 'spring fever'. You might want to try a rebond. Also, maybe a vet check to rule out some form of pain as being the cause of her aggression?
  7. B

Need new run. Houdini strips?

Whats a houdini strip?
  8. B

My 7 in the garden -lots of pics

Yep. I bonded them to a group of 8 but sadly blixy went to the bridge last year along with single bun terrah after they all had cocodisis. I actually bonded for convenience, as anyone who was on the forum last year may remember. They are all rescues apart from Toby (the trianta with cream round...
  9. B

Bladder problems?

I lost a bunny last year who started with these kind of symptoms and they vet kind of made a diagnosis and prescribed treatment and then when that didn't work tried treatment for something else and the whole thing went on for months. Anyway it could be something as simple as an infection. My...
  10. B

Zebedee, stray rabbit *Update post 52 - :'( he's gone*

When (my rabbit) Tamsin had hurt her eye, it went totally white like that. She had cream I put in it twice a day. The vet had thought she would go totally blind in it but after about two months the whiteness cleared up almost completely. A different vet told be it can be a protection thing on...
  11. B

I'd be inclined to say you either need to send them both in to the rescue for bonding, bring them back as a pair and statr them off with a small area which you gradually increase; or you start him off in a small area until he settles, gradually increase in and very when he is no longer terrified...
  12. B

Hes still a bit weird?

I always try and get a few things done in one go, for example if I ask for a general health check and for the otterscope (sp?) to be used to check teeth at the same time as the vaccination, they only charge for the vaccination. I also dislike paying £25 just for 5 mins to say there is nothing...
Back