• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Blametom

1. B

What precautions should we take while waiting for 2 14 week old males to be neutered?

Oh dear, that really didn't go very well! :( We created a space in the back yard about 1.5 meters square to try to introduce them in. We popped some hay in there, some of their favorite treats and armed ourselves with a dustpan to put between them, if necessary, plus a water spray bottle and a...
  2. B

What precautions should we take while waiting for 2 14 week old males to be neutered?

Thanks, they never got into a proper fight before. We seperated them before that had chance to happen as we were getting worried with the amount of chasing and humping and nipping going on before they were neutered. I was thinking about perhaps trying them together as an experiment in the back...
  3. B

A little update on Caramac and Socks. It has been 3 weeks now since the operation. There were some complications as one of Caramac's plums was somehow connected to his bowel so they had to go in through his abdomen to remove it. Caramac was quite poorly for some days afterwards but, thankfully...
  4. B

Last night in seperate enclosures worked well. I've set up the full run in the lounge now next to the cage and they're both exploring it for the first time. It's all so exciting that I think they've forgotten about chasing each other for the time being! I'll just move one bun to the cage and...
  5. B

Thanks everyone for some great advice and the warm welcome to the forum. This evening was fairly trying! Caramac was chasing Socks round the living room at every opportunity and hardly gave him a break, except for a few quiet moments where they lay down together. We ended up putting Caramac...
  6. B

Thank you all for your advice. Separation does sound like the sensible option. I'd hate for them to fall out! Although, it does seem hard for them to be completely apart for the 4 weeks up until the operation and potentially several weeks afterwards too. We have a 3 foot by 5 foot cage and a 5...
  7. B

We recently welcomed two rabbits into our home to live with us as house pets, Caramac and Socks. They are 14 weeks old and both male. They are obviously not from the same litter (one is a Trianta and one is a mini rex) but apparently they have been together since very young. They seemed to be...
Back