• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Blackberry & Co

1. Blackberry & Co

Mr. Beau Brambles wonders if he needs a bit more hay for this cold snap?

Beau loves his hay! He has instructed us to make sure he is kept warm during the cold weather. IMG_3228 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr He has two wooden ox bedrooms - one is a large pine ottoman stuffed with straw and hay, the other, facing it, is a smaller box with a bit less hay inside as he...
  2. Blackberry & Co

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

These are my little paintings that I do for fun (I do list them as stock in my shop, but they are things I just enjoy painting as a break from commissions :) ) IMG_2395 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr IMG_2393 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr IMG_2392 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr IMG_2391 by Sara...
  3. Blackberry & Co

Names - how did you choose yours?

Blackberry - because he was tiny (8 weeks old nethie), black and shiny, so the other 'Boys' had to have names that went with that. Dandelion - had the yellowest markings out of the four (they were black otters) Buttercup - he was a sweetie Clover - (we thought he was a girl) - but incredibly...
  4. Blackberry & Co

Haven't posted on here for ages since Photobucket had a hissy fit - I'm just about managing to start loading pics on to Flickr though :) IMG_7815 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr IMG_7799 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr Just a few of the mini paintings I did over the summer :)
  5. Blackberry & Co

They're lovely! I've seen Sindy and Pippa dolls etc. re-rooted as ooak projects, but not the MLPs before. They look great!
  6. Blackberry & Co

How long have you kept rabbits?

I've always loved bunnies - I had bunny toys instead of teddies as a baby (and still have them, 47 years later!). We had a family bunny, Snowy, when I was about 6, but despite my love of bunnies I never became a bunny slave until I was 39, when I worked at a petting farm (never again!) and...
  7. Blackberry & Co

Beaphar care plus

A couple of my buns would only eat Care Plus, (despite it's being far more expensive than SS etc :lol: ) The colours are for different flavours - Blackberry would always pick certain colours out first, so they obviously tasted different :) I bought mine from Amazon as they were really hard to...
  8. Blackberry & Co

Can bunnies eat Sorrel?

Thanks for the replies - now I'm more confused than ever :lol: The sorrel I have is red vein sorrel - there seem to be a lot of different types out there, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
  9. Blackberry & Co

Can bunnies eat Sorrel?

I've been trying to Google the answer, but there seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions. It's classed as an herb, or so a lot of places say, and plenty of places say all herbs apart from chives are safe for bunnies. One site I looked on had it listed on its 'poisonous' list but also on its...
  10. Blackberry & Co

Wow, there's some lovely work on here again :) I've worked out how to use Flickr - yay! Photobucket has been officially divorced! So now I can share some pics of recent work again :) IMG_7081 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr IMG_7082 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr Blue Box Frame with Dutch Bunnies...
  11. Blackberry & Co

VHD2 Vaccinations - How Much Did You Pay?

Thanks all. See, I didn't think it had been ordered in specially - the vets had sent a newsletter round about it a few months ago, and when I was passing I called in and asked if it was available, the receptionist said she check and give me a call. She called later that day to say yes it was...
  12. Blackberry & Co

Thanks - I'll see if I can find the other thread :) I want to be able to email my vets and link to this thread so that they can see the variation in prices.
  13. Blackberry & Co

I took Lady Jane and Mr. Beau Brambles for their VHD2 vaccs today and got the shcok of my life when I was charged £141.04! I had forgotten to ask how much they would be when I booked them in, but thought it would be a round the £40 each mark. The invoice is itemised, and for each bunny it says...
  14. Blackberry & Co

Good Veg for rabbits?

Thank you - I already use forage foods, but I don;t have a huge amount of storage any more and Beau has a big appetite so they won't last all winter. What I'm asking for is recommendations for veg and maybe fruit that I can use as extras for his diet.
  15. Blackberry & Co

Mr. Beau Brambles would like to know....

Thanks :) He's fine with a bit of green or white cabbage, so hopefully the odd treat of a small piece of red cabbage will be ok :) He does have loads of herbs, but a lot die down over winter, so I just want a bit of a variety of fresh fruit or veg to supplement his diet, but he already has a...
Back