• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bess&George

1. Bess&George

Vibes for Reuben please - U/D He's gone

So sorry for your loss. Xx
  2. Bess&George

That dreaded situation - left with one rabbit

Babsie it's so hard seeing him on his own as it is, can't imagine what it's like to have ongoing physical issues on top of that. George looks so lonely, I try and spend time with him and stroke him but it's not the same as having a constant bunny companion, it's not like I can sleep in his...
  3. Bess&George

Thank you both for your replies. That's encouraging Mighty Max, I assumed that due to his age and looks George would be impossible to rehome. When I first got him and his mum they had been in the rescue for quite some time because people were overlooking them for being REWs. Worth giving it a...
  4. Bess&George

Hello everyone, I now find myself in the situation I have dreaded for the past five years since the beginning of my rabbit ownership; I am left with just one if not elderly fairly mature rabbit. George and Bess came from a rescue, and sadly we had to let Bess go recently after months of ill...
  5. Bess&George

Helicopter rabbits

My two are like this, they're a mother and son. They are supposedly NZ white rabbits so should have uppy ears but I suspect a rogue lop got in the mix somewhere along the way! :)
  6. Bess&George

NZ white looking a bit scruffy? U/D I'm gonna have to let her go

Thank you everyone. This is so hard, I keep telling myself it's the kindest thing to do but all sorts of thoughts and doubts keep playing in my head. I plan to spoil her rotten over the next few days as well. She's already had strawberries, banana and grapes today and I even gave her some home...
  7. Bess&George

I saw the vet today and she's not improving. The vet thinks it's probably cancer and recommends PTS. Any further tests and treatment would require hospitalisation which would be very stressful for her, and she's so poorly it most likely would not work anyway. Her breathing is noisy and in spite...
  8. Bess&George

I'm amazed by the support and kindness here at RU, especially as I haven't been an active member for a couple of years. Thank you so much. Bess is still eating and she's moving about a little bit, not much though. She comes out as soon as she hears me (I could have treats you know, they are...
  9. Bess&George

A couple of photos where you can see her leg. :cry:
  10. Bess&George

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate your thoughts and the good vibes. She's perked up a bit, her breathing sounds normal again so I think stress definitely is a factor there. She's eating her pellets and veg just fine but not as much hay as usual. She's on Baytril, Metacam and Panacur and...
  11. Bess&George

Thank you. To be honest at the moment I'm sort of hoping she'd just pass peacefully at home so that I wouldn't have to make the decision to PTS. Can't believe it's come to this.
  12. Bess&George

She's back home. The vet said there isn't anything else they can do now and she'd be happier at home. Her breathing is terrible, it wasn't anything like this yesterday morning so seems like she's just deteriorating quickly. They had given her oxygen treatment but not sure it has done anything...
  13. Bess&George

Thanks everyone. I'm expecting a call from the vet around midday, hopefully we can bring her back home later today.
  14. Bess&George

This is Bess some 4 years ago when she was still young and plump and living indoors. I had to move them outdoors because my other bun George kept having health issues (sneezing, snot) indoors, he's been much happier outside as he's not a people bun anyway. Bess is the more affectionate one who...
  15. Bess&George

Thanks everyone. I'm trying to be all positive but knowing the facts I can't help but think it's something like bone cancer that's already spread to her lungs. :( Just the rate she's deteriorated, her weight loss and the lack of discharge would imply this is the case.
Back