• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Ben's mum

1. B

Chance of a black wild rabbit?

Twice now I've seen a pure black, young looking rabbit on a grassy verge on my way home. Now, I know it is possible to get wild black rabbits, so I didn't stop the first time, but after passing it last night I wondered what the chances of it being wild were. I know it's baby bunny season, and it...
  2. B

Urgent advice re: overgrown roots

Can I ask what kind of diet Homer has as my friend is interested to know. She's said that the bun has started eating some hay today which is good news, but not interested in pellets at all (which sounds odd for a bunny!), I have suggested trying SS as she currently feeds PAH's pellets.
  3. B

She is on antibiotics, not sure what for though. They also apparently suspect E.C. as she was drinking a lot when admitted so they're doing a bloodtest. Not sure if they're just thorough, seems a lot of expensive procedures being recommended :/
  4. B

Thanks Jane
  5. B

After being admitted for 5 days, my friend's bun with stasis had had x-rays and the diagnosis is elongated roots growing into her jaw. The friend has said "she's on painkillers, antibiotics and two types of gut stimulant right now. between last night and this morning she has eaten tiny amounts...
  6. B

Those with dental buns...

Mary would start leaving his pellets (which was unheard of at any other time!), his poos would get dryer and smaller due to eating less hay, and his coat would get a bit scruffy. When Squishy had dodgy incisors, he had lots of excess caecals where he found it easier to eat pellets than hay. If...
  7. B

Group Picture?

The one chloaster posted on here? http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=107099
  8. B

Recent Dental - what foods can i tempt him with?

I grated carrot over Mary's pellets after dentals and he'd usually eat a few carrot-flavoured pellets this way :) I gave fresh grass instead of hay too as he prefered eating that, just pulled fresh handfuls up throughout the day
  9. B

multi rabbit households - is referred aggression a big problem?

My two groups weren't too bad. Their crates were side by side but if they could see each other through the bars they went mad. Slotted a big bit of cardboard between the crates and it totally stopped, even though they could still smell/hear each other. Even if one group was out and went past the...
  10. B

Advise on homechecking

As well as the actual homecheck stuff, one very important consideration, above all else - your personal safety. Do you/the rescue know these people? Are you going alone? If so, can someone tag along with you? Let people know where you're going and when, take the same precautions you would when...
  11. B

Probably morbid and hopefully way too early..

www.pennydog.com does resin jewellery, my friend had tufts of her mum's and aunt's dogs set in resin pendants for their Christmas presents one year as the dogs were getting a bit older and won't be around forever. Plus she donates to good causes (greyhound rescue or something, and she did some...
  12. B

I'm a failure. I'm in a mess.

Spinach, kale etc are a good source of iron but high in phosphorus which binds with iron and makes it hard to absorb, so it's not such a great source. Vitamin C helps absorption though so drinking a glass of orange juice or eating a kiwi for pudding (meant to be more vit C in kiwi than orange!)...
  13. B

Btw, my friend was diagnosed anaemic, and iron tablets made no difference, and on further investigation it turned out she has Caeliac's and that was stopping her absorbing nutrients properly. She's much less tired and in much less pain now she's gone gluten-free. I really would persevere for a...
  14. B

Sorry to hear this. I would personally suggest rehoming this new girl - yes, you may have been emotionally blackmailed into taking her but you're not forced to keep her, and if having one less bun would help with the others then I think it's definately worth considering. Do you have rescue...
  15. B

Why did i visit a Rabbit Shelter....

I agree :) Falling 'in love' and taking home a bun that wasn't a planned addition is sweet in theory, and great if it works out, but your existing rabbits are your priority - if they don't all get along, are you prepared to have two groups/two setups? Fair enough to have them bonded before...
Back