• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bellatrix18

1. B

Poorly wild rabbit

Hi everyone I just found a little baby wildie next to the road. She looks in a bad way. She's very lethargic and weak. Has been holding her head all the way back. Like a head tilt but straight up. Not all the time but quite often. She also seems to have balance problems. I've given some...
  2. B

Thoughts on Free ads/hutches Update - she's here!

So I couldn't quite wait until Friday. The owners started saying a few strange things and saying that they had other interest from a family with kids. So... I came home early and picked her up today! She is very beautiful, started off terrified but has come to nibble my shoelaces. I'm pretty...
  3. B

I know Friday is so far away :( If I could get her earlier I would but I'm away celebrating my mum's 60th and can't get her any earlier. I'd be devastated if I couldn't rescue her now that I've fallen for her. I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that the lady keeps her til then... Sent...
  4. B

Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I have rescued off gumtree once 11 years ago and only lost my Bronwyn late last year. But she was "free to good home" so I didn't have to worry about the payment at all. I also have taken in another similar bunny but was told about her from a friend. I...
  5. B

Hi I have been looking for a new bunny to bond with my boy since I lost his wifey last month, but all the rescues near me have only males or bonded pairs. So, I usually stay off free add sites as it is too upsetting for me but, have noticed a free add for a bun in a tiny hutch, "kids not...
  6. B

Myxomatosis

Thanks so much for your replies. Reading g those threads gives me hope as some buns who were really poorly pulled through. The vet is pretty optimistic at the moment. Mork doesn't have any obvious symptoms and no temperature but his nose is looking slightly swollen so the vet wants to wait to...
  7. B

Myxomatosis

My bunny bronwyn has myxi. She has a large nodule on her nose but so far that's her only symptom. This is the second time as she fought nodular myxi and survived about 4 or 5 years ago so I feel such injustice that she's got it again. Her husbun Mork seems OK currently but I know he's probably...
  8. B

I think I'm losing Marcie :(

She's gone. We drove for about 30 seconds down the road and they rang and said she had gone. We've taken her home and now I have to somehow face burying her. I just can't believe it. I wish I'd never taken her to that other vets. I can't stop crying and shaking. She was only 2 and a half and was...
  9. B

Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm at the vets with her now. She has stopped eating completely now and had diarrhoea. I've taken her to my old vets who, although they are expensive they know what they are doing. Don't think I'll be going back to the other one! She's being admitted tonight...
  10. B

Marcie had a few small tooth spurs on her molars sobering for a dental on Tuesday the week before last. She came back from the dental and seemed ok. She was eating a bit and didn't seem too stressed. Since then she's got progressively worse. She has been drooling really badly from her mouth, has...
  11. B

Traumatised Rabbit

Hi everyone I have a little wild bun called Logan. Usually he is the most laid back happy-go-lucky little guy but he had a sofa in his room that he had eaten pretty badly. I took it to the skip last weekend and replaced it with a large sofa sized cardboard box so he still had something to sit...
  12. B

Update on dating EX BARC bunnies

Lol I think we probably would!! Poor Marcie was the one who ended up with a nibble on her nose...
  13. B

Update on dating EX BARC bunnies

I wonder if this family of buns is difficult to bond! I have Patties sister Marcie and bonding seems to be a no-go for her too!!!! I haven't given up yet but its not looking good :? I am sorry to hear Ollie is going back to the rescue and I am sending you both good luck vibes :)
  14. B

How many pets do you have? Any how many is too many?

I have... 4 Rabbits (Mork Bronwyn, Logan and Marcie) 2 Dogs (Willow and Roscoe) 1 Cat (Nora) 1 Ferret (Dave) 2 Guinea Pigs (Cinnamon and Nutmeg) and 1 Syrian Hamster (Polly) I love them all so much. They take up almost all of my time when I'm not at work but I wouldn't have it any other way :love:
  15. B

Rehomed: Bam Bam- charismatic male rabbit- Manchester

:shock: Wow I am in love! If only I had space!!! Hope he gets a lovely home soon!
Back