• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bedlam Bunny

1. B

Sneezing/sniffles, head tilt and gagging?

It does look as though her nose has ran, but no yellow/coloured discharge. Forgot to mention that her eyes were watery last week (but has dried up since) Just felt her back/side of her neck (nearest to the back of the jaw) and there is a small swelling (much like you’d feel when your glands...
  2. B

Sneezing/sniffles, head tilt and gagging?

Hello, I’m hoping someone can advise here and recognise some or all of these symptoms in my 12 year old Rex rabbit, Poppy. I’ll give a run-down and as much info as I can. Last week I noticed that she was sniffling loudly and briefly (which was kind of a sneeze), so I kept an eye on her. But...
  3. B

Liver Decline - Milk Thistle Advice

Thanks for the link. The Vet didn’t seem up on the dosage. May have to find another Rabbit Savvy Vet in my location, as I want my Poppy to live as comfortable and long life as possible.
  4. B

My “rabbit savvy” Vet left last year and a new “in training” Vet took over. She directed me to a website on Google in America. I didn’t feel comfortable with the advice, as when I asked about dosage by weight she said “I think it tells you on the label twice daily”. Thanks for the reply.
  5. B

I have an elderly Rex rabbit who is almost 12 years old and last she started to show signs of kidney and liver problems. Thankfully her kidneys are stabilised but the liver results have declined. Last year in July some time, I started to give her dry milk thistle, but by around September it...
Back