• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by BeccaT

1. B

Cold floor alternative

Thanks. I will get some more Lino or carpet off cuts too I think & try them with a dog bed/mat. They like the corner beside my armchair for snuggling together so it'd be nice to get them something to make that space more comfy.
  2. B

Cold floor alternative

My boys are indoor bunnies in my lounge. I have wooden floors with some pieces of Lino & cardboard down that the rabbits seem to sit on all the time now the weather is colder. Obviously the floor is cold & I don't blame them for not wanting to sit on it, however, I am wondering whether it would...
  3. B

Behaviour Change

Thank you. They were fine after boarding in October, apart from being in a mood with me & peeing on the sofa for a few days! I think it just seems so strange seeing my less dominant boy 'on top' for a change! He is usually so nervous & shy! Hopefully they'll settle down in a couple of days then...
  4. B

Behaviour Change

I don't know if I am over reacting, but I picked my 2 boys (neutered brothers) up from boarding today as we've been away for a few days. My less dominant rabbit is 'humping' my more dominant rabbit (head or rear) particularly when he is asked to groom him. This is something that my more dominant...
  5. B

Rabbit proofing Christmas!

Thank you all for your help. I have ordered a puppy pen. My two don't seem bothered about moving their existing puppy pen which I use at night so hopefully will leave this one too!
  6. B

I was worried theyd try to chew tree & decorations! Didn't think about fact my lights are mains powered!
  7. B

I have house rabbits & in a couple of weeks want to put up my Christmas tree (artificial). I have always had my tree in the lounge as I love sitting with the lights on in the evening & there isn't really a suitable space in the kitchen. My rabbits have free run of the lounge, so I am wondering...
  8. B

Randy male?

Thank you. They have the entire lounge. The less dominant one has had watery eyes and now he has been better for a while the other one seems to be doing it less.
  9. B

Randy male?

I have two boy rabbits (Indoors), aged about 18 months (brothers from a rescue). They are neutered (quite some time ago as I have had them 5 months & they were done before going to the rescue). Over the last couple of days the more dominant one keeps mounting the less dominant one. He runs away...
  10. B

Lost a nail

Thank you both. There is no obvious damage to his toe (as much as he would let me check!) & I can't find any evidence of blood anywhere. I will try the trick with the torch to cut their nails. I just need to work out better how to hold them & cut them without getting bitten! I will get advice...
  11. B

Lost a nail

One of my rabbits appears to have lost a claw. It was in the middle of the lounge floor when I got home. It is about 1cm in length and has come from his front left paw. There are no obvious signs of blood, he isn't limping (although flinched when I felt it to work out where it had come from) &...
  12. B

Toileting on sofa!

Having had my 2 rescue boys for just over a month they have discovered the sofa. They love bounding around & being up on the windowsill, which is absolutely fine. But they have started going to the toilet on the sofa. I have put a litter tray (with newspaper in) on there but obviously with no...
  13. B

New rabbit, one bully

Thank you. They seem really settled being back in the base enclosure. They are sharing the pellets really well from the bowl, which I feel is a good sign (social eating without snatching must be good right?). They are still snatching veg, one eats much slower than the other & seems a bit...
  14. B

New rabbit, one bully

Back on track this morning �� They are snuggling & chilling together, shared pellets from their bowl this morning with no nipping or chasing & are generally relaxed and seem happy. I will definitely be scattering their veg later to make them forage for it. Thank you for all your...
  15. B

New rabbit, one bully

Thank you both. I will leave them in the smaller area. I guess I have spent so much time reading about how much space they need that I was a bit paranoid about keeping them in the smaller area. i also stupidly assumed that because they are not a new bonding that they'd be fine, it wasn't that...
Back