• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Beapig

1. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

A Lily update...we decided to proceed with a CT scan, because she has been in good spirits, but still unable to eat hay. We need to get to the bottom of it and understand what our options are. We drove 2 hours to our exotic vets for the scan. A bit of a wildcard was that the vet inspected her...
  2. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

That makes complete sense, thank you Jane :)
  3. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Is the rotational jaw action the same for grass as it is for hay? Lily is finally picking at some grass today, which is so nice to see. She's generally in much better spirits today too :love:
  4. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Thank you so much for your kind words. This whole situation has truly made me reflect on how much of a bad 'design' a rabbit's mouth seems to be, with these horrible little spurs coming out even if they're grinding them down eating hay!
  5. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Thank you bunny momma, it is a very tricky time. I hope that your dental bun goes back to eating hay soon too, it's such a worry when they're off their hay :( I'm worried about Lily continuing to lose weight, so letting her eat more or less whatever she feels like at the moment (within reason!)
  6. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

No x-rays as far as I'm aware :(
  7. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Hi joey&boo! :wave: Thank you for saying this, it is certainly overwhelming and I feel in over my head a little. I spoke to the vet today and he said a culture could be done if they can work out where the pus is coming from to check which antibiotics would be most appropriate. He said a skull...
  8. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Hi Omi 🙂 To clarify, the vet I took her to initially on Thursday was our old 'regular' vet who we're still registered with. It's difficult to get a quick appointment with the exotic vet unless it is emergency/out of hours. The regular vet is the one who gave her injections and booked in a...
  9. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Thank you, I've been wondering this too. I know that the vet who examined her and initially saw pus was not the same vet who performed the dental last Thursday, but presumably the notes are passed along, and any pus in the mouth would have been noticeable during the dental itself. The dental...
  10. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Thank you so much Jane, it is very stressful. We're just having to take it one day at a time at the moment...I really appreciate your help and advice.
  11. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Thank you so much Jane for your response. There were no radiographs done pre-dental as far as I'm aware, but I will ask. I assume that her mouth is still a bit sore in general, as she doesn't have a huge appetite but is enjoying some pellets and greens. As said it is terrible timing, we're...
  12. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Hi everyone, I hope that you're all well. I've been inactive on here for a while, and feel bad logging in just ask for advice. I could really do with your expert opinions though. Mid last week, my little Lily was off her food. She had been completely fine the day before. The neighbour's have a...
  13. B

Is it okay to use two different vet surgeries?

Thank you both for your inputs. It's a strange situation, because as I said, we only moved the girls due to being told (by someone who thought was a very reliable source) that the vets we had been using for years were closing. And because Hammy was going to the hospital a lot, we picked them...
  14. B

First Time House Bunnies!

Thank you everyone for all of the tips! It's good to know that I'm just being a worrier with the carriers - I already have two regular sized carriers for the girls, so will use those and have them face each other so hopefully they both feel a bit less scared. Thanks J&B for the heads up about...
  15. B

First Time House Bunnies!

Hi everyone, long time, no post :wave: So...we are moving! To a very rural village. There's plenty of space for my bunnies to be outdoors in the long run if we feel that's a better option, but initially at least, they will have to be house rabbits, as any outdoor accommodation will need to be...
Back