• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bavarian Bunny

1. B

Christmas in Rescue

So sad. :( Who's the cheeky brown lop?
  2. B

Medivet

I haven't used them, but haven't heard anything good about them, either. Is the Twickenham Vet Surgery too far away for you?
  3. B

Fenugreek crunchies discontinued

It doesn't mention anything on their website. My bunnies would not be happy.
  4. B

Is this image in my head wrong

Well, I know some people don't accept this as an excuse, but English is not my first language, and I usually write things in a short and direct way, without all the woulds and coulds and mights and whatever else people use to sound more polite. Sorry if that comes over as "personal". The...
  5. B

Why? Because I don't agree with your idea of what is cute and what is not? You wanted opinions. My opinion is that animals should not be "decorated".
  6. B

I think it's a strange thought. To me they are animals. Dressing up is for dolls.
  7. B

No VAT on rabbit food. Your money and how they spend it. BBC 2

I think there is VAT on imported hay like Oxbow etc., but I may be wrong about this.
  8. B

Do your bunnies have Christmas Decorations?

No, they are bunnies. They don't care about decorations. Unless they are edible. :lol:
  9. B

Would you...

No, as I don't have an obsessional fear of VHD. My bunnies are all vaccinated, and even if there is one strain of VHD which might get past the vaccination, the viruses won't be all over the streets and houses in those towns. I take off my shoes when I enter the house, I wash my hands, and change...
  10. B

These new higher fibre SS pellets

I bought a small sample bag and my bunnies all ate them without any problems. I will try a smaple bag of the mature version next, although I prefer buying 5 or 10 kg bags to save some money, and the mature pellets don't come in those sizes.
  11. B

Rabbits in free ads - so sad

Our Gumtree had a pretty rabbit which came in a tiny cage, yesterday or today. I wouldn't even put a hamster in that cage. :(
  12. B

Help...feel really drained....:-(

I am sure ARC will get a girl bunny in again, you just need to be patient. Have you asked them? They bond bunnies, too. What kind of accommodation do you have? Would you pass a homecheck? If you know what your local rescues expect in regards to hutch/shed/indoor setup, then you can adjust yours...
  13. B

Congenital health problems in domestic rabbit breeds

Excellent article! I wouldn't have a problem with certain breeds disappearing for good. Health is more important than size and fur quality. (And hi Jay :wave: )
  14. B

Straw

I always use straw in the litter boxes, the bunnies love it.
  15. B

Dust free hay

My bunnies are quite fussy, too. They love the oat, wheat and barley hay from Alfalfa King, but only two of the three types in it. The third type gets left over. They don't like orchard grass or anything which is too soft. Readigrass and stalky hay is much more popular with them, and they even...
Back