• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Anmagdan

1. A

Not sure what to do! Single timid(but seems happy) bunny after losing partner

We have a 4 yr old male mini lop who lives in our living room. We recently lost his sister to bloat which was traumatic for us but after a few weeks he seems to have bounced back. We know that bunnies should live with bunny company so we took him to a rescue centre to see if we could find him...
  2. A

Deciding when to bond after loss

Quick update on Paul: He'd spend most of yesterday uninterested in us, which is unusual for him, but understandable in the situation. My partner made a valid point that Rosie was always there to back him up - he's quite timid and relied on her for reassurance. As the vets said, she was a sassy...
  3. A

To Horace: Thank you, that is really helpful. What you describes does sound like Paul but I appreciate it has only been a few days since it happened, so maybe he'll turn a corner soon. Hopefully we won't have any barriers to reaching out to a rescue center, I just want to make sure it's...
  4. A

After writing and re-writing this quite a few times, I'm going to try go for the most objective overview of our sad situation. Yesterday we had to say goodbye to Rosie. Her sibling from the same litter, Paul (4 yr old mini lop), although a little subdued, is carrying out most of his usual...
  5. A

Front toothless bun

Hi all, it's been a while! My parents have a house bunny who had his front teeth removed. He was always a picky eater but this has only made it worse (unsurprisingly!). He eats excel pellets (so glad they reduced the size it's really helped), but other than that... We have real trouble. He's...
  6. A

is it normal to greive over a rabbit it feels as though i lost a human

I imagine that all of us are reading this and feeling sympathy for you. People without pets/those who aren't "bonded" with their pets often struggle to understand this it seems. 6 years is a long time to have something. Even if he couldn't talk, he still showed emotion, he still had needs, and...
  7. A

Help! How to approach family member to give help without offending?

I certainly agree I need to approach it like it will be doing me a favour, (which it is) and explain that I do not want money. I mentioned it to my mum and she looked a bit sceptical at me as if I was doing something wrong by wanting to do this.
  8. A

Help! How to approach family member to give help without offending?

Bear with me on this one, I have many thoughts zooming around and I need to organise them to make this question make sense. Background: The loss of Moofy has really impacted on me, I would love to have two bonded indoor bunnies. However, I am unemployed and living with my parents after a...
  9. A

My new windowsill "ornament"

Haha - this is a sight I recognise. Moofy was a huge fan of our conservatory windowsill. It gave him the best view of both the room and the garden, and he got to sun bath. Its lovely how they do this :] (except when they moult, and then the window gets a nice furry coating). :D :love:
  10. A

Post your 'odd eared' bunnehs!

Looks like Ginger is just listening intently!
  11. A

dash

That is one chilled rabbit. Fantastic - you must have a lovely home for him!
  12. A

Oh Puddy, you're just so attractive

Hahah fantastic top photo! :lol:
  13. A

Rabbit show-jumping?!

On one hand I'd say this was rather good fun and exercise, perhaps to do in the garden without all the loud clapping noises :]
  14. A

This years pumpkins from us LOL

Haha I love the puking pumpkin. I made one too - well, a barfing butternut squash... (do you like my alliteration?) I couldn't resist using those inners for outwards!
  15. A

"Fluffy" (Syrian hamster) - Name suggestions needed!

Definitely need a tough name with that mohawk that he has!
Back