• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by adorabun

1. A

Bloat or blockage - vibes and advice needed please

Hi everyone, It's exactly a year to the day that I lost my Pixie bunny to E.c and I've just left my wee Nethie Eva in critical condition at the vets. She wasn't eating yesterday evening so I began stasis treatment (meloxicam, metoclopramide, ranitidine, critical care). Still wasn't eating in...
  2. A

Need advice on treating surviving buns - RIP Pixie :( Bunny suddenly quadriplegic

Thanks a million for the advice. Will try the shreddie (or another no added sugar cereal) tomorrow, as something like that would be a very rare treat for them. Hopefully it will work! I never thought of steam cleaning, my thinking was different chemicals. Will see if I can rent/borrow a steamer...
  3. A

EC bunny :(

Hi Leesa! Just read your thread from start to finish, and I just want you to know how wonderful a bunny mummy you are. Seriously, your dedication to George is amazing and heartwarming. He is so lucky to have you! Will keep following the thread, looking forward to more updates on George's...
  4. A

Need advice on treating surviving buns - RIP Pixie :( Bunny suddenly quadriplegic

Hi again everyone, need some advice on eradicating/preventing EC infection in my surviving buns before it becomes an issue. I have a 28 day course of Panacur to give my two surviving buns. They're young, flighty and REALLY don't like being held. I don't want to stress them for a whole month by...
  5. A

Selina - very ill :(

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I lost one of my bunnies on Monday to a sudden illness too. It's absolutely devastating, I haven't stopped crying since Pixie fell ill. My heart goes out to you and Bruce in your time of grief. If you ever want to talk to someone who's going through the same...
  6. A

Thanks so much ripminnie, and I'm sorry to hear about your bunny. EC is an awful, awful thing. Poor pixie didn't even show symptoms until it was too late. I'm heartbroken :'( Einstein just had a poo and is tucking into his veggies. I think he was just sulking after being manhandled against his...
  7. A

Thanks so much everyone, for all your advice, comments, wishes and sympathies. It's a huge help at such an awful time. To make matters worse, one of my other buns Einstein is refusing handfed pellets and hiding in his tunnel. Now he was mad for handfed pellets right before I picked him up to...
  8. A

He's gone, he passed away a little over an hour ago. They did everything they could, but she suspects E.cuniculi which caused lesions on his brain. I'll never ever take another foster/adoption bunny without worming them straight away. I'm absolutely devastated :'(
  9. A

Just got terrible news, Pixie's had a seizure and is in a coma. They have him on oxygen, but it's not looking good. Please send your strongest vibes possible :'(
  10. A

Thanks so much everyone for all your advice, well wishes and vibes. I rang the vet the minute they opened this morning, she was busy and I was left hanging till 11:20 am; my nerves are shot. Thankfully it was good news! The vet was fearing for the worst, but he's actually improved a bit! He's...
  11. A

Another bun in stasis *he's gone - page 88*

I'm so delighted to hear this! Hopefully he's gotten over the worst now. Keep your chin up Bugsy! x
  12. A

Lea-Anne, thank you SO MUCH for posting with your experience of Floppy Rabbit Syndrome. I'm going to mention this to the vet on Monday in the hopes that they'll recommend continuing supportive treatment. Tracy, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience too. You're right, it...
  13. A

Another bun in stasis *he's gone - page 88*

Come on Bugsy, you can do it! I'm lighting a candle for him, and my Pixie who's very ill in vet hospital. Mega vibes being sent for Bugsy x
  14. A

bloat, vet hasnt a clue

Mega vibes for Roly!
  15. A

Floppy Rabbit Syndrome? Thanks for checking in again ripminnie, your thoughts mean a lot to me :love: He's not with me at all, he's still in the vet hospital. They don't take phonecalls or visits on Sundays (but said they would ring if his condition changed for the worse) so I'm at a loose...
Back