• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pets at home adoption

thanks all, few potentials 1 at the RSPCA & 3-4 at Hunnybuns, all single girlies, big thank you to Jill very helpful & considerate lady, looks like she's a busy lady taking in lots of buns at her rescues :(

Dave was ex shop stock as it were. He had snuffles, chest infection so they treated him and kept him out back. They couldn't sell him. They told me all about it, he'd been there several weeks, people were put off by the potential for vets bills. Just made me more determined to give him a good life. He still sneezes and I'm trying him on echinacea suggested by Mighty Max. They're not the same as a rescue, they are a for profit company, but at least they do try to rehome unwanted rabbits which is a start.

With adoption rabbits the money does not go to the store, each store partners a charity and the adoption scheme supports that charity so when you adopt you are actually giving the money to a charity!!

Yes P@H actually end up out of pocket on adoption animals cause they pay for the neutering and vaccination and the charity get the donation!! But its about rehoming the animals into suitable families
no it's not. They do not homecheck and ask few questions.
It's about publicity for their company which is there to make money. And they partner with those rescues who don't dare to question their selling of livestock. If they really cared about animal welfare they would have stopped selling any livestock years ago.
Having said that some of their stores aappear to be struggling so hopefully they've tried to open too many and with the internet we'll see their stores lessen and then animals sales stop.

My Bracken was originally a P@H adoption. He was with his adoptive family for eleven months. The child then had a puppy for Christmas, so bunny had to go. When he came to me, he arrived with the adoption papers and his Petlog chip number. He was just under 2years old. There was no neutering voucher, but he hadn't been done. I've now had him 4 months and had him vaccinated against myxi/VHD1, rhd2 and just had him neutered. He's the sweetest, funniest and happiest little bunny you could ever want and I love him. I don't suppose P@H realise what happens to their adoption pets. So sad.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

thanks all, few potentials 1 at the RSPCA & 3-4 at Hunnybuns, all single girlies, big thank you to Jill very helpful & considerate lady, looks like she's a busy lady taking in lots of buns at her rescues :(

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly from here with your adoption. Hopefully you and Timber will have somebunny new to love very soon. :)

I haven't read the whole thread so this may be now irrelevant but could help someone else reading in future so thought I'd comment. There's a rescue near solihull (which is by Birmingham airport) called fat fluffs where you pay about £50 for a neutered, vaccinated well cared for rescue bun, and I'm pretty sure they even bond your bun with the one you're adopting to make sure all is well before you take an adopted bun home. I haven't had a bunny from there myself but from what I can tell they are very caring and the money spent just goes towards caring for the other rescue buns. I see you're in Wolverhampton so although it's half an hour or more away, It's not terribly far :). If you google fat fluffs Solihull I'm sure their website will come up :).

Back