• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please tell me how you can love animals so much, but still eat meat?

My issue is also how any animal is treated whilst alive, and also how it is killed.

For example, with snake food, a snake has to eat, so if a rabbit has been treated well in life, and killed humanely, then those are the two most important things in my eyes.

I want animals to have good lives, and that is reflected in the meat I eat, and also in how I treat my animals.

Actually that's not entirely true. If I had a good life then I would be happy.

If I was killed quickly I would not know anything about it. And I would rather they then ate me, than I was wasted!

If I don't know I am going to die, what does it matter if I do die? As a human being, it is the people that I leave behind that would suffer, not me.

*hurrys off to find some worms to mother me ....*

what an excellant answer .... ;)

humans are omnivores ... we have evovled to eat meat ...if some of us chose not to then that is great ...but those of us who do eat meat and enjoy it shouldnt be made to feel guilty ...

i also LOVE trifle ;)....Jill...have you got any spare...we might need a fair bit ..;)

I dont eat meat myself, but I dont think that it's necessarily wrong to eat meat.

Unfortunately eating other animals is just nature. Humans are natually omnivores. They are not carnivores so they dont have to eat meat, but they can choose to. Or choose not to. In terms of health most people eat far too much meat and far too few vegetables.

I do think people are hypocrites if they get squeamish about seeing animals killed but are happy to eat meat from the supermarket shelf.

But I also think people who condemn meat-eaters are often hypocrites. If you wear clothes, use a computer, use plastics, etc it's almost certain that you're causing animals to be killed. Even farming vegetables kills animals (deaths in harvesting or destruction of habitat).

I would like to see everyone eat a lot less meat, much better welfare standards, and small scale organic agriculture instead of intensive farming.

I find it hard to see a contradiction between eating meat and keeping pets...it's kind of different when youve looked after something and loved it.

If it was necessary I would eat a human, but not a close friend or family member.

and on a side note....does it not say in the forum rules:

You may not:

* Impersonate another forum member, moderator or anyone else; attempt to gain access to another members account; or create multiple accounts under different names.

bingo.png

umm i eat meant theres nothing wrong with it and theres nothing wrong with not eating meat i have never had a problem :?

Im not even sure how what other people eat is anyone else's business to be honest, you dont agree with eating meat so dont do it and leave it at that you dont need to go preaching to people who do eat it :?

Some people on here seem to think its ok to make people who do eat meat feel bad or guilty because they feel its wrong, and im sorry but a comment that was made on here not long ago towards meat eaters that was just awful :? Had someone said to a breeder or someone not bothering to go to the vet I hope you get paid back for what your doing there would have been a different reaction and half the forum would have been quick enough to complain someone was being picked on or bullied but when the statements aimed at a whole bunch of forum members who probably do more for animal welfare than a lot of people anyway nothing is said :roll:

I wouldn't dream of telling people not to eat meat or try to make them feel bad just because I don't do it myself

I'm amazed the thread police hasn't turned up yet, has he got a day off?

Bare in mind its Saturday.....relaxing today lol

Mind you this thread is a wind up soooo, he may be looking into more "serious crimes"

:lol:

:lol: I would have put in baby murderer, thats what bothers me the most i.e. eating veal.
I don't think it's right really to preach to everyone and anyone about veganism mostly because it is futile and counterproductive, but I do point out to my BF and people I am really close to how it would be beneficial to not eat meat and dairy. I do think the world would be more civilized if people paid more attention to this issue and the consequences of their choices, instead of just saying 'I enjoy meat and that's all that matters.'

didn't we have one of these discussions like a week ago? :lol:

Some people on here seem to think its ok to make people who do eat meat feel bad or guilty because they feel its wrong, and im sorry but a comment that was made on here not long ago towards meat eaters that was just awful Had someone said to a breeder or someone not bothering to go to the vet I hope you get paid back for what your doing there would have been a different reaction and half the forum would have been quick enough to complain someone was being picked on or bullied but when the statements aimed at a whole bunch of forum members who probably do more for animal welfare than a lot of people anyway nothing is said

I believe you're referring to me?

Just want to say this thread is not a wind up.
My original post may have been done out of anger, frustration, whatever and not very well thought out.
On second thoughts perhaps I wouldn't have posted but I have and that is that.
I cannot see how people can profess to be animal lovers and still eat meat. Animals are my friends and I wouldn't eat my friends, it's as simple as that.

We're all hypocritical as humans and I understand that, but taking part in the death of members of the animal species you say you love seems completely contradictory.

"I see nothing wrong with it" cannot possibly be true, can it?

Please prove to me how it is ok..... please?
If you can be bothered. I know it probably isn't high on a meat eater's agenda to explain their actions to a non meat eater.

Back