• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Kayjay: my rain covers

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I managed to take some photos. The first one shows how the tarpaulin is attached to the hutch. If you hang it right underneath the roof , the water from the roof will also run off.

tarpo1.jpg

My bf used picture hooks to hang the tarpaulin up:

tarpo3.jpg

At the bottom end he used screws, and I have to stretch the tarpaulin a little bit to fasten it there:

tarpo2.jpg

And this is the whole setup from the distance, it isn't too much of an eye sore, I think. You can also see my new run, it is made of two big metal runs. Now all I need is a tunnel to connect the bunny residence to it and then they can hop around on the lawn when I am at home and watching.
The perspex window which covers the doors of the hutch has been very useful so far, too, especially in horizontal rain. Luckily that corner of the garden is quite sheltered by the shed, the fence and the hazel tree.

newrun.jpg

Thanks. :p Before my bf put up the hooks, I used bricks, but the water from the roof was still getting underneath the tarpaulin and dripping into the run. The new solution is much better, and I can remove the tarpaulin easily.

thanks so much for posting them Gisela. I do do something similar but supported with bricks and covering the whole hutch but it is an eyesore (according to the OH :rolleyes: ) - at least with yours you still see the hutch, rather than like mine you see an enormous blue thing :lol:

I'm going to try and sort out something similar, thanks

Is that the 7x3 run?? Its good to see it set up.. I may wekk get it at the weekend...

Yes, they are two of the biggest size runs from Zooplus, each measures 7 ft by 4 ft, and I just left out the end panel on each of the runs to get the 14ft by 4 ft run. Not too difficult, but it helps to have a second person around to build it.

Back