• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a prejudice...

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
...against certain types of rabbit? Whether looks or personality.

It's something I've been thinking about recently.

I must confess to not liking long haired rabbits or lionheads. :oops:

Amy

No not at all! I would rather not have a cashmere or angora but purely because I feel I don't have th etime to keep them maintained at the moment, but i would never turn one down if he/she needed a home!

I prefer the buns that are less attractive or aggressive!

I have no real dislikes to any type of buns. I prefer big eared buns to smaller eared ones. Sometimes I would say the bigger the bun the better ... where is Darcy :lol:

Like Leanne I like ones with attitude rather than timid ones, however if I had one I would work to bring it out of itself.

I would prefer not to have a really long coated one.

A prefer not to have a rex when it comes to pairing them up, due to the lack of fur which makes their coat paper thin. Otherwise I dont mind Rex's.

I don't mind 3 legged buns ........ although 4 legged ones are ok as well ...

Generally from experience I do think all buns are very different, if you put 4 all black buns in front of someone, all slightly different, I am sure that person would find one they would bond with and find attractive.

Yeah... a bit. :oops: I don't really see the appeal of long haireds or lion heads either. Also, if I had the choice, I'd go for an uppy eared bunny rather than a lop.

Having said that, I wouldn't not take one in because I didn't like its looks or anything like that, though!!! I had no idea what mine looked like when I agreed to take them.

I did prefer lops particular the bigger breeds but I got what I was given and I wouldn't change him for the world. I think I'd have any bunny if I could home them.

I think all bunnies have interesting characters, but as for looks, I don't really like the "extreme" or "fancy" breeds too much. I've always had cross breeds and they are just my favourites.

... sort of.
I have nothing against lop-eared bunnies, but I wouldn't choose to own one myself. I just can't help but think it's robbing them of the ability to communicate properly - becaue rabbits use their ears such a lot when 'talking' to one another. And my friends always got lop-eared bunnies when they went through 'rabbit phases', and they'd treat them like floppy babies. I know not all lop-eared rabbits are so... floppy, but the idea seemed to stick with me.

I was looking for another bunny, and specified I didn't want a lop or lionhead... and someone on here told me I was being too picky because I wanted an uppity-eared doe the size-ish of a Dutch. :roll: I honestly didn't think it was being too picky... In the end, I now have a lionhead cross. I think both the grooming of a longish hair bun, and the fact there are so many and people think they're so cute put me off. I still get peeved when people look at my rabbits, ignored my handsome dutch boy and say how pretty and cute Amber is, just because she's fluffy... But Amber herself is my silly, adorable girlie and I DO love her.

I was looking for another bunny, and specified I didn't want a lop or lionhead... and someone on here told me I was being too picky because I wanted an uppity-eared doe the size-ish of a Dutch. :roll:

If you are referring to me I did not say that.
You said repeatedly that there were spayed girls sat in rescues near to you, but they weren't the breed you wanted and that you were even considering selling the hutch etc- so I suggested
If you really want a rabbit soon, then why not go for personality over looks?

Some people don't like rexes, which my beautiful Audrey is but she has the most amazing personality of all the rabbits I have had.

Back to the thread, no I'm not bothered about breed.

That's amazing. o_o;
I don't believe I /was/ refering to you, though... It was someone else entirely. :) Fast recall, however. Well done.

I dont like Agouti rabbits. bcus i had one when i was a child and it was so savage, so my mum n dad would let us near him, he used to lock out to their wrists, we dont know why. But nobody neutured bunnies back then, if we had him now we could probably hav made him a little better but i was only young. he lived til he was 10!

I don't think I'd have one with really huge ears, like a flemmish giant or a English lop. My friend had an English lop and the ends of his ears got frost bite once and it made me very upset hearing about it. I'd love a fluffy/long haired rabbit though. I love grooming things (animals, hair, teddies etc.), I find it really therapeutic.

I would have any bunny in need if I had room I really don't mind how they look, although a longer haired one would need more consideration with grooming etc. Sometimes I have to buy the first cuddly toy I pick up cos I don't want it to feel rejected :roll: :D

... sort of.
I have nothing against lop-eared bunnies, but I wouldn't choose to own one myself. I just can't help but think it's robbing them of the ability to communicate properly - becaue rabbits use their ears such a lot when 'talking' to one another.

Yes, I tend to think that, although I would love a French lop (they're so cute, I'm not sure my two small rabbits would agree though)!

However, if there was a rabbit in need and I could help it, I wouldn't mind what it looked like! But I think most people on this forum are like that:D .

I have been accused of being 'lopist' but I'm currently very fond of a little black lop I'm fostering (hello Bob:wave: ), definately on personality, not looks..... but my least favourite would have to be a long, haired brown and white bundle with floppy ears.... not my cuppa tea at all, but as with all bunnies I foster, they get looked after and treated the same.:D

Back