• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mxyi gone for good???

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
In a amagzine my mum read it said there is no longer Mxyomatosis :? There are still a few cases but it's the least it has been ever scince those evil humans released it, but I can't see why it would go ???

If there is no longer myxamatosis about, I would hate to think what some poor people on here have recently lost their beloved animals to. I wish it was true. From the reports I have recently seen there is now more about due to the wet, warm weather that we have been having over the 'summer' months which has caused an increase in the flying biting insects.

My understanding is that it's one of the worst year's ever due to the wet weather allowing biting insects to breed more. Just think about how many tragic threads there have been on here about bunnies - even vaccinated ones - contracting myxi this year.

What magazine is this? I'd be interested to get a copy and write in with a differing opinion!

nopes it hasnt gone i think theres been loads of cases this year as well a few members on here whos rabbits have been affected. i cant believe that magazine though its going to make people not vaccinate their rabbits because they feel their rabbits arent at risk any more :evil:

This year has been the highest number of pet rabbits I have ever seen with it! It is absolutely rife, just look at how many people here have lost buns to it this year, I would definately say it is on the increase:?

okay my mum lied :evil: it justs ays that rabbit population is up to pre-mxyomatosis numbers :rolleyes: :roll:
sorry everyone

Back